Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to Jeeps and new to the forum. I'm looking forward to looking through all the threads and learning a little something but I need some help quickly if you don't mind. I am picking up my 2016 Hydro Blue Unlimited Rubicon Friday and I need to get some wheels and tires right away so I can take the jeep back to the dealer and have my 4" lift installed aABnd the new wheels and tires put on. I am getting the Mopar 4" lift part # 77072353AB.

I want to get 20" Fuel Pumps in Matte Black on Toyo Open Country R/T tires. This is going to be my daily driver.

Now what I need help with is the correct wheel to order because I don't understand the offset and back spacing requirements. I would like 20"x10" but I need to the the pros and cons if this is possible. Some of the wheel sites I have gone to will only let me select a 20"x9". The tires will be 35".

I have attached pics of my Jeep, the wheels and a size chart for the wheels. I appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I picked her up today and boy is she Purdy! I will post some pictures of her tomorrow.

Okay so mods that will be near future.

4” Mopar lift installed by the dealer part #77072353AB
20” x 10” Fuel Pump wheels (back ordered for 6-8 weeks)
Nitto Trail Grappler g2 35” x 12.5” tires
Cosmo blue interior trim package

Mods to happen as soon as Money permits

Poison Spyder Rock Crawler front bumper (paint matched)
Poison Spyder Rock Crawler rear bumper w/ LEDs (paint matched)
Amp Power steps with LEDs
Metalcloak high clearance Steel fender flares (paint matched)
50” LED Light Bar and 4 Dually D2 LED Pillar Lights
Warn Zeon 8S winch

I'm sure there will be more ...........

·
Registered
941 Posts
must be nice to have money haha, but i honestly love that color really wish i could have got it but no one in the state had one in that color with the options i wanted unfortinately but i still love my firecracker jeep

cant wait to see it lifted with paint matched bumpers should look really sharp

·
Registered
860 Posts
Since you are new to jeeps, congrats and welcome.

FYI, the reasons why you only got a few replies, is that anytime someone mentions 20 inch wheels, they either get flamed or ignored. Reason being that they are looked upon as posers and mall crawlers.

Normally, guys with 4 inches of lift, will get a regear to at least 4.56 gears with the 3.6 engine, and 37 inch tires. With a 17 inch wheel.

But it is an awesome color and YOUR jeep. To each is own...

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Looks like a good build list. The only thing I would change would be a 17" or 18" max rim. Check out a few other rims Fuel makes, I really like their new Vectors, another couple nice looking rims are Vapors, Trophy, Summit, Rotor, Recoil, Beast and my favorite Octane :winner:.
http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheels.cfm#fuelonepiece
About 4.5" inches or 12mm backspacing will be good for our Jeeps.
Ask Mike from Wheel Hero for a price quote, they're a forum sponsor on this site and will give you a good deal.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/fuel-wheels-and-wheel-and-tire-packages-896345.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since you are new to jeeps, congrats and welcome.

FYI, the reasons why you only got a few replies, is that anytime someone mentions 20 inch wheels, they either get flamed or ignored. Reason being that they are looked upon as posers and mall crawlers.

Normally, guys with 4 inches of lift, will get a regear to at least 4.56 gears with the 3.6 engine, and 37 inch tires. With a 17 inch wheel.

But it is an awesome color and YOUR jeep. To each is own...

Cheers.
Rubisteph, Thanks for the reply and the advice, I was wondering why nobody helped me with that wheel request as it seems to be a very active forum with lots of knowledgeable people.

Just to give you some background on myself and the mods I want to get. First I'm a 51 year old guy who has worked his butt off his whole life and has always wanted a nice lifted Jeep since I was able to drive. I've always wanted one because I just liked the way they look and can go off road when needed. After raising a family and putting two kids through college it's finally my turn. This Jeep is going to be my everyday driver and I don't intend to do any serious off roading or rock climbing. My next goal in life is to own some lake front property down an old dirt road that I can visit every chance I get and what better vehicle for that than a Jeep.

I want the 4" lift because I like the height/stance and the 20" rims because I saw a jeep with them and liked the balance between wheel and rubber. All the things I want to do to this Jeep revolve around getting me back and forth to work in any weather condition and back and forth to that future lake lot. Some may be overkill but like I said it's part want and part need.

Since you don't mind talking to a Poser (past my mall crawling days) you mentioned getting geared to 4.56 from the current 3.73 gears. I could see that being an advantage for off road but being as this is my everyday driver (highway driving an hour everyday) would that still be advantageous? Last question for you since I haven't done this yet and can still change to a lower lift. Is there any serious issues or safety concerns running a 4" lift and 35" tires on the highway?

Thanks for your knowledge in advance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a good build list. The only thing I would change would be a 17" or 18" max rim. Check out a few other rims Fuel makes, I really like their new Vectors, another couple nice looking rims are Vapors, Trophy, Summit, Rotor, Recoil, Beast and my favorite Octane :winner:.
http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheels.cfm#fuelonepiece
About 4.5" inches or 12mm backspacing will be good for our Jeeps.
Ask Mike from Wheel Hero for a price quote, they're a forum sponsor on this site and will give you a good deal.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/fuel-wheels-and-wheel-and-tire-packages-896345.html
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
must be nice to have money haha, but i honestly love that color really wish i could have got it but no one in the state had one in that color with the options i wanted unfortinately but i still love my firecracker jeep

cant wait to see it lifted with paint matched bumpers should look really sharp
Thanks, Ziggy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So my Son has this badass 3D printer and printed me a grill keychain last night. This got me curious as to what else could be done so he sent me to a site called thingiverse and there is all kind of models in there for tail light covers, interior stuff, hutch insert for back up camera, etc.

Looks like I have a cool free source for some simple mods.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
I love the Hydro jeeps. They are sexy. My jeep is a auto 2013. I ran it on 35's and 3.73's for a while. I thought it was OK for my style of daily driving. But I wanted to crawl rocks with it so I went to 4.56's I lost a bunch of MPG but picked up performance. It is always a trade off on these things.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Upgrades

4" Mopar lift installed, 20x9 XD811 Rockstar II wheels and 35x12.5 Nitto Trial Grappler g2s installed.

Next up, painting my interior trim accents to match the body color.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Looking good. Plans for a rear hinge/tire carrier? All that weight (about 120lbs) on the rear factory hinge can cause problems, even just driving around in town. Rivets can pop or the rear tailgate can get bent, just a heads up :beerdrinking:.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts