Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing the new transfer case linkage. I had been chasing a knock since the Jeep was last in the shop. Upon dropping the skid plate, I discovered the four transmission nuts were missing. I’ve scoured the Internet, I’ve measured, I’ve bought I don’t know how many nuts.

M8 1.25 goes on, but doesn’t tighten. 5/16” course and fine doesn’t really go on. All the threads still look good, so I don’t think that’s the problem. I’m probably going to order the part online, I believe it’s this one: https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/jeep-nut-hex-flange-lock~6100517.html

Anyone know what size I should be looking for?

99 Wrangler Sport. 4L auto.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
M8 1.25 goes on, but doesn’t tighten.

If it threads good but doesn’t tighten then it’s too long. Put some washers behind it till it’ll snug down good. BUT......be cautious about tightening it up, till your sure of the correct length because you could strip the threads or crack the case.

·
Registered
407 Posts
06100517 is the correct part #. It is M8x1.25. It's a flange style lock nut. You would likely have luck with an All Metal Lock Nut or even a Nylock. It would also be smart to use a Flat Washer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts