Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is it that almost every time i pass a jk i get shot down with a blank stare and no wave? YOU ARE IN A WRANGLER! :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Can someone put up the character beating a dead horse with a stick please. No offense to you but this is brought up all the time. Some people arent jeep people some people just drive them because its a car to them. Happy jeeping.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Because they are buying them as Mall Crawlers not Jeeps.

Keep waving away..... Worse case scenario some soccer mom might think your hitting on her :)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Welcome, KTM! You will find it with every model jeep. Most are likely unaware soccer moms. You will see this same conversation a million times here and there is no solution other than to keep waving and hope they learn.

Don't gang up on the newb! :p At least he made a thread!

·
Registered
39 Posts
That just happened to me about 30 minutes ago. I was driving home from work in my week old 2011 rubi. I was so bummed :( I think next time if it is in the day I will flash my lights, but then they may think there is a cop down the road so maybe thats not such a good idea.

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
Just wave at the Jeep. Don't worry about the driver. I just ordered new front and rear bumpers. My daughter just got a new vinyl sticker machine. I will have the phrase "Wave Back" on the bumper. I was going to go with "Wave Dammit", but I don't want to offend the kids..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just keep waving... at least the ones that were thinking about waving but weren't sure if they should prob will next time :)

My daughter drives a Mustang... she likes the Jeep wave idea so she's been working on Mustang owners for a while now. She gets a wave back every now and then :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
You will find it with every model jeep.
This is so true. I have waved to nearly every Wrangler that I have seen since I got mine 4 weeks ago and not a single wave returned no matter what the model. In fact I don't know if it's just that there were more of them or not but to me it seems that the TJ drivers are the worst around here.

·
Registered
936 Posts
If more people were paying attention to actually driving instead of texting or phoning or playing little wave games, maybe there would be fewer wrecks.

Alright.....I'm gonna waive this thread.
:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is so true. I have waved to nearly every Wrangler that I have seen since I got mine 4 weeks ago and not a single wave returned no matter what the model. In fact I don't know if it's just that there were more of them or not but to me it seems that the TJ drivers are the worst around here.
I agree totally. I tend to wave to YJs and JKs now TJ owners are just a waste of time. THey usually look back confused, like do I know him? :doh: Really enjoy the waving atmosphere though. :wavey:

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
sorry i did not wave , i was busy texting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My husband and I ride Motorcycles and it's just common to wave and wave back. Now that we just got our Jeep, It's just like a whole New Brotherhood. Thanks for the warm Welcome into the club. We love the new club.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Ya gotta love a stealth wave thread. I try to avoid them, but this one made me look.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Ya gotta love a stealth wave thread. I try to avoid them, but this one made me look.
:rofl: Me too! But when I saw how "young" he was to the thread, I just had to respond. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.