Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we just bought an 08 Sahara 4 door. Awesome right! Were so excited. I ordered a new set of wheels and had them installed on Saturday. So tonight on my way home from dinner some lady blows a stop sign and smashes one of my new wheels. Wheel is shot, not to mention the shock and some frame damage. Five days old and bam.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Feel Lucky!

Your broken wheel could have been a crushed ancle!
Your broken suspension could be a broken hip!
Your body damage could have been body burns!

I know it sucks in the moment...

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Sucks.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do you have gap insurance? Also if there's frame damage your insurance might consider it totaled. Even with frame repair you can fight that it will never be "safe" again.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
OUCH! That truly sucks... Welcome to the forum ... maybe you can buy it back from the insurance company and mod the heck out of it! ... good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
WOW! That's unbelievable! New wheels and out to dinner in this economy! JK (just kidding). Coulda been worse.

·
Administrator
30,785 Posts
Everyone is okay and that is what counts. Yeah it sucks, but it could have been worse. Jeeps can be fixed or replaced, people cannot.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
sorry to hear about the jeep, and as long as everyone is okay though it still sucks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's crappy, but Rubi is right. As long as no people were injured, metal and plastic can be fixed.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad everyone is A-OK.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That sucks! Welcome to the forum! Its ok though. I hit a deer last night. Screwed my crap up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone. Your right Rubi. We are all okay. Had it looked at today. It needs an axle housing, trailing arms,wheels, and possibly some frame damage. Will let you all know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yup wheels and suspensions are bolt on items, heads, legs and children aren't. Welcome and shoot you might end up with some cut rate upgrades.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts