Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always have been skeptical about this product and waited almost 3 years to try it. All I can say is I love it. Wakes up my JKU on 3.21 gears and is very nice addition and throttle feel now.

Install in a sense can SUCK for some people. I have big handles and blindly removing and installing at gas pedal is tough. After 1 hour of trying blindly and hand not fitting in a small space, I found a solution.
There is a black box blocking view and a little access for some. I unsnapped the box and could finally see the female plug and better access to plug in. All that too less than 2 mins. There is a screw also above that can block getting the plug in.
But I love it on City +1.

If your on the fence, I recommend getting one. Its what a Wrangler should feel like from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've been looking hard at getting one of these for my 10' Sahara. May have to just pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
City +2 here... But that's not what I like it for. I like it to go to ECO +2 for offroad rock crawling. It desensitizes the throttle making it easier to get over stuff without spinning the tires and shocking the drivetrain with too much throttle.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
What gear ratio do you have? Curious. I have 4.56s and 35s. FAR better than 3.21s but I still get jerked around (LOL) when crawling. As a result I am VERY light on the throttle- which is sometimes not what you want either.
(That and I am surrounded by Atlas T cases and Rubi's and I just get :rant: about it.)

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
I'm on 4.56 and 35's as well. It simply makes the throttle pedal less responsive which is easier for technical crawling as you know. Can still give it the "gas" if you want, but it works better for me.

If I go out with the crew with Atlas TC's, etc. I sit at the top and spot or take pictures. I'm not really built for that stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts