Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new set of doorless mirrors, so what do y'all think, should I get the relocation brackets or try to find a nice one that bolts into the hinge? How well do the 03-06 brackets work? Any suggestions for mirrors that bolt into the hinge? I've seen a few, but I want to know which ones you guys love and use. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I prefer relocation brackets because you can use the mirrors with the doors on or off. The only problem is that you can only see a portion on the passenger side mirror with the doors on because the mirrors sit more forward but it doesn't really bother me all that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wraym said:
I prefer relocation brackets because you can use the mirrors with the doors on or off. The only problem is that you can only see a portion on the passenger side mirror with the doors on because the mirrors sit more forward but it doesn't really bother me all that much.
I don't really care for the looks of the 03-06 brackets (which is why I didn't go that route the first time) but now I'm done with junk mirrors. Might just go this war this time around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Like wraym said, I use the brackets. I put the mirrors in the brackets and they just stay there, doors on or off through the spring, summer and fall.

That being said, for me, the doors are off 90% of the time from April-October.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Go with the rugged ridge mirrors. I paid $60 for both of mine and couldn't be happier. I leave the brackets on when I put my doors on so all I have to do is screw the mirrors in. They look good too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
I had a set of the relocation brackets once... Warrior, I think it was. Didn't like them at all. Couldn't see the passenger side mirror, the doors hit the mirrors when opened, and they vibrated so badly in the wind that anything behind me was a blur. If I were to spend that money again, it would be on a pair of Harley mirrors to go in the hinges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nelsonan1 said:
Go with the rugged ridge mirrors. I paid $60 for both of mine and couldn't be happier. I leave the brackets on when I put my doors on so all I have to do is screw the mirrors in. They look good too
Which ones, the CJ style that bolt to the windshield?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I prefer relocation brackets over mirrors that bolt into the hinges but that being said I bought the the same Rugged Ridge mirrors nelsan1 has. Didn't like them at first because mirror on the passenger side doesn't make objects look smaller like factory mirrors. I got around it by buying a 6" convex mirror from a truck supplier and have been happy with it since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
DeepSouthJeeper said:
Oh ok, I was thinking of something different, they look nice, any issues with them?
No issues after about a year. They don't rattle in the wind and have held up nice to the weather
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
I just got a couple muffler clamps and convex mirrors. I put some spare rubber hose on the exposed thread of the muffler clamp to give the mirrors something to grip.

If I'm honest, it was a half-assed solution in an effort to stay street legal for cheap as possible. :whistling: Despite how unenthusiastically I kludged them together, they're quite useful as mirrors and I like how they turned out. I just remove the mirrors when I put the doors back on, leaving the muffler clamps on the roll bars.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some Farkin Guy said:
I just got a couple muffler clamps and convex mirrors. I put some spare rubber hose on the exposed thread of the muffler clamp to give the mirrors something to grip.

If I'm honest, it was a half-assed solution in an effort to stay street legal for cheap as possible. :whistling: Despite how unenthusiastically I kludged them together, they're quite useful as mirrors and I like how they turned out. I just remove the mirrors when I put the doors back on, leaving the muffler clamps on the roll bars.
I saw this somewhere and was thinking of doing this, but I don't have a welder. I think my grandpa has one somewhere though. I might see if I can find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
I saw this somewhere and was thinking of doing this, but I don't have a welder. I think my grandpa has one somewhere though. I might see if I can find it.
Umm, I didn't weld anything. :confused: The muffler clamps are just tightened to the roll bar. The mirrors just use a metal loop that tightens down on the rubber hose that is over the exposed muffler clamp bolt. I have an '05 with the roll bar padding and a 2.75" clamp seemed to fit the best on that setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some Farkin Guy said:
Umm, I didn't weld anything. :confused: The muffler clamps are just tightened to the roll bar. The mirrors just use a metal loop that tightens down on the rubber hose that is over the exposed muffler clamp bolt. I have an '05 with the roll bar padding and a 2.75" clamp seemed to fit the best on that setup.
Oh my bad, the one I saw a while back had welds on it, I was thinking you did the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Oh my bad, the one I saw a while back had welds on it, I was thinking you did the same thing.
Ah, I see. I love this forum, so many different ideas to get things accomplished.

I would not call my setup the best doorless mirror solution, but I would call it one of the cheapest and easiest. I actually put it together in the auto parts store parking lot in about 5 minutes using only a crescent wrench.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I went round and round with this question when i got my 2nd jeep. I had the quadratec "in-hinge" mirrors on an earlier jeep, and they shook so bad even at 35mph that i couldn't see anything... useless. so, when i got my second jeep, i knew that wasn't an option. didn't want the relocation bracket ones b/c of the reasons listed above. (can't open doors all the way, can't see out of the passenger side and i just don't like how they look.) so, i went with the harley mirrors and LOVE them! no shake rattle and roll, even up to 55mph or so. and there are SO many different options! Round, oval, egg shape, flames, skulls, black, chrome, etc., etc. Get the harley style mirrors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Where's a good place to find the Harley style mirrors? I wouldn't mind a cool set with skulls or something on it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
HaloNHorns2002 said:
Where's a good place to find the Harley style mirrors? I wouldn't mind a cool set with skulls or something on it!
I bought mine off eBay.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top