Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone ive been a yj owner for the last few years and finally made the switch into the tj

i found a 2006 with 64000 miles with a long arm lift and i can not figure out what lift it is

im hoping someone may recognize it and will be able to hep me figure it out

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the shocks are just white with red boots and it appears the entire kist was red a one point i cant see it being home made because of the way the arms taper

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sky jacker. I just saw the exact same lift on CL for sale.
X2 I would say its a skyjacker. I'm not even aware of a Long Arm system that Rancho makes for our TJ's. The lift that was pictured above is for a JK not a TJ. I agree with Unlimited. Why not look for better suspension systems with better components.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,424 Posts
What makes this one so bad. ?

It's not necessarily that this kit is so bad, but just that there are better options. First off, you're not even sure at this point what lift you've got, much less how it will perform.

Don't feel bad, I bought a lifted TJ and still can't tell you what lift it came with. I've since addressed most of the unknown parts, and fixed a few issues that I purchased with the Jeep. I still have some to deal with, but it happens as money and time allow.

Currie/Savvy are good places to start for excellent quality parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see everyone's point I think the lift was used because its no where's near as clean as the frame from being used to yjs this tj flexes out 10x more then the yjs I've had it doesn't feel as tight as I think it should be therefore I was going to do bushings but it sounds to me like it wouldn't be worth the hassle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts