Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving down the road and my engine light came on. Then the throttle control light came on and the thermostat quit working. Drive fine on the way home. Took cables off battery and the lights went off. Replaced the water pump last week and drove fine. Tonight after I took the cables off I noticed the reservoir was empty. I added antifreeze. I turned it on and it's not pulling fluid into the radiator from the reservoir .... It's running hot now. Any suggestions? I noticed last week the a/c took a few minutes to fully engage which was weird. 2008 jeep wrangler "renegade" decal. V6 4 door 2wd... Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took the thermostat out and replaced it. Still overheating to some degree. I replaced the water pump again. All still the same. I took the guts out of the thermostat and placed it back in and water is flowing in the radiator and not running hot. I don't know where to go from here. Obviously the new thermostat ( did I say I tried two thermostats today) and new water pump and still no results. Think something may be clogged somewhere? When the thermostat is in water will not move in the radiator. When I have just the thermostat with seal and no guts it flows perfectly. HELP!! Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Not to be jerk but are you possibly putting the thermostat in backwards? That could cause it to bind and not open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put it in the same way I took it out. Not an expert by no means. But I don't know what else to do but take it to the dealer. The water circulates when I put a thermostat with no guts in there and when I put the brand new thermostat in it will not circulate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts