Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been battling an issue with a fuel problem on my Jeep for several days now and have had zero success. So I've decided to spend my day off today changing my exhaust and doing a mod that makes me happy instead of continuing to beat my head into the wall.

Here is my stock before pic and the new exhaust laid out ready for assembly.

image-1422634470.jpg

image-2315825042.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm about to do the same. Let us know how it goes! Good luck!
So far it's not going well. Looks like someone welded my skid plate to the bottom of the Jeep after they broke the normal mounting bolts. Oh well, that's why God invented pneumatic grinding wheels.

image-892411848.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like someone was dead set on keeping it there! You should be able to grind those welds off no problem. I'm slightly worried about messing with my exhaust for similar reasons. The previous owner of my jeep was DIY/custom obsessed. It will all work out for the better tho!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess all the times I sprayed on brake free over the course of the morning paid off because removing the exhaust bolts was super easy. The hangers came off fairly easy too, I just sprayed on some silicone garage door opener lube and they popped right out. I'm currently waiting on my brother to get back from the store with a sawzall because I can't fish the exhaust out from all the bends.

Overall pretty pleased with how easy this is going. 4wheelParts wanted $150 for labor, I'm glad I chose to tackle it myself... So far anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finished!! I love my new Banks exhaust. I don't care that it doesn't improve HP, the look over the tiny rusty stock pipe and the deeper sound is well worth it. And so far no drone.

image-2947627409.jpg

image-3794693617.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happiest man alive!!!!!!

So I did some more reading after finishing my exhaust today and I decided to try checking the connections on my PCM/ECM. All I did was imply the three large plugs on the passenger side of the firewall and plug them back in and BOOM,
My Jeep is fixed. No smoke, no misfire... Running better than it's ever run before.

What a huge stress relief!!!!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Just did the same last weekend. Monster Cat Back and New Torque Tube Header.
Sounds great and only have a few gripes about install.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice!

That muffler sounds great. I have the same on mine

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have issues with Texas ! Lol you know, all my Ex's and such. Haha. I think I could do it alone now though.
It was a long day and I learned a lot.
No bad feelings Texas ! Don't want to start a war here haha. Man, that state has some babes !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts