Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to upgrade my upgrades. So, I purchased a Warn elite front bumper for my Jeep. Ordered it last Monday, It was delivered Friday. I was ALL KINDS OF EXCITED!! Until, I opened the box and it looks like this thing fell out of the back of the truck! So, I call the shipper and I am told that they need to file a claim with UPS. Ok, I ask what do you need from me. Nothing they say, it will take 8 to 10 business days for the claim to be filed. WAIT WHAT!! I explain to them, I paid you $650 for a NEW, UNUSED, UNDAMAGED bumper.. This should be easy, send me a NEW UNDAMAGED bumper and have UPS pick this one up. No, it cost to much money!! NO KIDDING!!! I just dumped $650 on it!! WOW I even offered to buy another one and when this got resolved, they could just send me a credit.
So yesterday morning, I get an email. We need photos of the damaged bumper and box. Okay, It just so happens I took photos of said damage. Sent them back with in ten minutes. So this morning, I check my email to see if they have updated me. Nope! I sent them an email asking if they had submitted the photos to UPS as they requested them. No response. Hum, I go to my UPS account and look at the tracking number to see if any claims have been file and wouldn't you believe, no claim filed. So, I went ahead and filed it for them. As they said they would assist me in doing it.
I notice that when I track the box it said it was coming from Texas. I look at the label and in fact it came from California. Just so everyone knows. I didn't order this from 4 wheel parts. But that is where it come from. I also want to add, I didn't buy the bumper from a vendor on here. I know someone will ask.
Anyway, Hey I got my winch today!! and it is undamaged!!
I JUST DON'T HAVE A DAMN BUMPER TO MOUNT IT ON!!!!!
Sorry had to rant!!
:pullinghair::pullinghair::censored:

Reactions: Ehtacs

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've seldom seen heavy items like bumpers properly boxed for shipping... but I would have expected Warn to have some decent packaging from the factory...

Just be warned, sometimes there is no damage insurance on oversize or overweight unless they paid extra for it...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up. My last bumper I got had a few scratches, but this has a good chunk out of it. I would have expected better packing also. I wasn't to pleased with the way the box for my winch looked when it came in today. The only thing it had going for it was it was double boxed. The outer box was torn up pretty good. Anyhow, we will see how this plays out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts