Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new AntennaX 13" antenna. Website and others said it would work, so I didnt think twice. Apparently, just need to unscrew the existing antenna and screw this one in....but I cant get the existing antenna to budge...even with Pliers. Am I being too easy on it? Dont wanna tear it up trying if it wont come off... And which direction should it turn to unscrew?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Turn to left to unscrew...counterclockwise. Should come off for you

·
Registered
206 Posts
bigkevj said:
Wouldn't left be clockwise?
Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey....if you were staring at a clock and the hands are in the high noon position, if they were to move left, they would be going counter clockwise. Moving right, or the normal way, would be clockwise. I am disturbed we had to explain this!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
goes to show you shouldn't do things like this while drinking whiskey with friends. I was holding the wrench at 6 oclock....so if I move it left, that would be clockwise. Guess I had more to drink than I thought last night....dont feel so well today....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey....if you were staring at a clock and the hands are in the high noon position, if they were to move left, they would be going counter clockwise. Moving right, or the normal way, would be clockwise. I am disturbed we had to explain this!
laughing at the same thing. LeftyLooseyRightyTighty

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
any way to rotate the antenna base so the antenna angles back? I want to get rid of the bracket that holds the antenna out from my light brackets.

·
Supporting Vendor
621 Posts
I bought a new AntennaX 13" antenna. Website and others said it would work, so I didnt think twice. Apparently, just need to unscrew the existing antenna and screw this one in....but I cant get the existing antenna to budge...even with Pliers. Am I being too easy on it? Dont wanna tear it up trying if it wont come off... And which direction should it turn to unscrew?

did you get it off yet? factory uses blue loctite, might want to use a spray lubricant to loosen it up

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I used a wrench to remove my stock one. No problem what so ever.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yea....should kick u in the balls for using a pair of pliers lol jk...always use the best tool not the easiest. like they said a wrench....not cresents either......pretty much those need to be in the trash but they come in handy every once in a while

·
Supporting Vendor
621 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts