Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I have a quick question,
Yesterday my check engine light went on and I checke dit today, turns out I have a P0132 code.. The person told me to do some research, but i know it regards my O2 sensor. like 2 months ago, I had already changed the upstream sensor, now I guess its the down stream, I tried to change my downstream sensor but i was kind of difficult because of a tight space and it seems to be really stuck, and since I didn't have the right tools at the time, I messed up some of the corners on the sensor because the ratchet didn't fit in all that good..

now I have a o2 sensor socket but when I try turn it just pops out of place and slips through the sensor. Can anyone give me any tips on how to loosen up the sensor so it can be less difficult to loosen up ??

In advance thanks a lot for your help. :thumb:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I forget which years have 2 upstream O2 sensors. Mine is an 05 and I have (2) upstream sensors, bank 1 and bank 2. You will be able to see both sensors if you have them. If you do in fact have 2 front O2 sensors, this code is for bank 1, which is the closest to the front of the engine.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
What brand sensor did you replace with?? If you used anything other than the NTK (especially Bosch) it may be the same sensor giving you a code again. NTK perform the best in Our jeeps.

And those o2 sensor sockets are a waste of money IMO. Use a 7/8 box end wrench. Just unplug the sensor first and run the wire through it if you can't get it with the open end.

·
Registered
96 Posts
0123 on my 03 was for my throttle position sensor. Replaced the sensor then disconnected my battery for 10 minutes and it was all good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forget which years have 2 upstream O2 sensors. Mine is an 05 and I have (2) upstream sensors, bank 1 and bank 2. You will be able to see both sensors if you have them. If you do in fact have 2 front O2 sensors, this code is for bank 1, which is the closest to the front of the engine.
yeah I only have 2 sensor. The upstream and the downstream. And I just changed the downstream recently...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What brand sensor did you replace with?? If you used anything other than the NTK (especially Bosch) it may be the same sensor giving you a code again. NTK perform the best in Our jeeps.

And those o2 sensor sockets are a waste of money IMO. Use a 7/8 box end wrench. Just unplug the sensor first and run the wire through it if you can't get it with the open end.
Yeah,i noticed they are a waste of $. I ended up taking it to a shop, they charged me $30 which wasnt all that bad. I just,wanted to.get that done with, now it seems to run all good.but the problem is I think my fuel.pump is.messed up :( cause at times it feels like my wrangler dies out and wants to turn.off.cause the Rpm.goes below what its supposed to be at "the 1" ..
I read that you can clean the fuel.pump with some petroleum, I forgot the name of.it.. Have any of you guys ever done that??

And the o2 sensor I put on the downstream is "DENSO"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts