Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i need help with my yj it is running like crap at 2000rpm and i dont know wats going on i just put a new timing chain on and a new transmission. also i just changed all the sensores. i changed the spark plugs and checked the distributor. next i just put a brand new computer in also. i need some help asap this is my dayly driver. thamk you evryone for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Why all the work? Was it running crappy before all the work or just since. Does it run well at other RPMs? May need to clean the throttle body. Give us more info.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 4 banger it ran fine before the trAnsmission and the timing when on but it only runes like garbage at 2000rpm every were else its fine just cant figure ou wats going on so we dumb in new parts hoping it fix something

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
New timing chain could be the problem. It has to be installed just so. Have you checked the timing out since then?
If you pull off the timing chain cover, you can double check the timing marks by turning the camshaft sprocket (top) till the timing mark is at 1:00 o clock, the lower sprocket timing mark should be 20 pins(chain).

With #1 cylinder on TDC the dist rotor should be pointing at #1 in firing order

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you the timing was off by a tooth of al the formes i put up ur the only one that new wat they were talking about thanks again

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Hey, that's what we are here for to bounce stuff off each other, sometimes we are even right!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts