Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving my Jeep for a few days now, having come from a high powered Porsche & the one thing I've realised is that everything takes a while... In an old fashioned kind of way...

When I start the Jeep it takes the Bluetooth about 30-40 seconds to connect... When I hit the main beams it takes a good .5 of a second to respond, similarly the horn doesn't react immediately... by the time it actually makes a noise, the driver I'm pissed off with has no idea why I beeped and I've forgotten why I was beeping because it was so long ago.

I'm not complaining, I think it'll be good for me to have to chill out a little and wait for things to happen... The JK certainly doesn't accelerate in the same way as the old car...

Something similar happened to me years ago, when I sold my motorbike for a car... people asked me if I got stressed out having to sit in traffic... The answer was no, I didn't have a choice but to be patient... on the bike you were always on the go, which was more stressful.

... I remember when this was all fields...

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Many of us are not happy with the new computer system that regulates all the electronics either but we kind of get used to it.
My JK manual tranny doesn't shift as fast as my TJ either. So I too have learned to slow down and smell the roses. And there are a lot of "Roses" off road!

Enjoy the new past time.... finding ways to drive the Jeep, just to get away.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had to explain this to my wife when I first got my JKWW. She was still in a Mustang and I had switched from a Mustang to the JKWW. She asked me why I drove so slow, and I told her "I'm not in a hurry anymore, mainly because I enjoy the ride now".

She didn't understand until she drove it herself. Now she has a JKU.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
Let the Jeep pace and Life wash over you. It's like going to the Islands and the locals say, "Get on Island time" which means maybe, If we get around to it....

·
Registered
617 Posts
The horn delay is absolutely ridiculous. Good thing I never use it on others but I do use it to honk and say good bye. It's bad.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, what's with the horn delay? I've had my JKU for 3 months--I've given up on using the horn. It just seems weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
810 Posts
I haven't noticed the horn, but having to wait a few blocks to get the stereo connected to my phone and playing music is pretty lame.

I've definitely slowed my driving down a bit, and that's probably a good thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts