Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this Jeep talk left me with no choice but to buy something. :p

I got the SmittyBilt M.O.D. bumper after looking at everything I could find.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12051_1400_07.htm

It's a pretty decent price for a steel bumper, included winch mount and I bought the full length end caps that include the fog lights. And, I got the bull bar.

This bumper appealed to me because it mounts the winch low, gives some front drag protection, protects the front fenders some, yet has a good attack angle for the front wheels.

Anyway, that's what I did and when I get home I'm tellin' my wife you guys forced me to do this!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hahaha...don't think she'll buy that.

Be sure to post pics when you get it installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont really want to revive an old post, but could you possibly post on how its holding up? Im looking at purchasing a MOD bumper

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same exact bumper on my JK. Extremely happy with it. But when I installed 35 inch tires and a 3 1/2 inch lift, The end of the bumper would rub on the tires going down a steep hill and making a sharp turn. I cut the ends off just passed the foglamps and welded a new piece on to end. Haven't had a chance to install them yet but they should clear the tire now. Just keep this in mind if you go to larger tires.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I dont really want to revive an old post, but could you possibly post on how its holding up? Im looking at purchasing a MOD bumper
Quote the person you have a question for (the original Poster) in this thread.

If they are still active on this forum, then it will ding their "Notification box"

They may or may not see that you have a direct question for them with an open post in an old thread.

Just like you saw this response!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts