Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cracked the copper line right at the seal housing on my rear locker. And it just happens to be late on a Saturday before a Monday holiday.

Does anyone have a replacement housing just laying around that I could buy. I'll pay top dollar. Not looking for a hand out but I'd rather not have the Jeep down for a week or two until I can get the parts ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't have one to offer you. However I have successfully repaired that housing. I have drilled out the broken copper tubing in the housing and then silver soldered the tubing back in again. You will obviously need to remove the seals before soldering. Use plenty of flux to get the joint to bond well. I think you can find some YouTube videos of the repair as well.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I agree with the above. Talked to an ARB rep about a replacement tube but nobody carries them, special order only. I asked about soldering it back together and he said they use silver solder. If it's just a crack on the tubing itself you might be able to get away with 90/10 solder.

Four wheel parts usually keeps these in stock as I just had to replace one not too long ago for a customer. They run around $100.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to a 4 wheel parts guy yesterday and they said it would be about two weeks as they are out of stock. I'm going to try drilling it out and re sweating it in. Then I'll slap in crappy oil and seal the diff back up until I can get a new one, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts