Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Jeep back in July, it was used with 1900 miles on it, it was sold new in May of 2011. I love it more every time I drive it, especially offroad, it handles rock crawling and mud very well, can't wait for snow. This is my second Jeep, my first was a 1956 Willys CJ-5, unfortunately it came at the wrong time in my life. I thought 4 wheeling was fun in my Dodge Cummins, but the Jeep has brought it to a whole new level. It has plenty of power, and even in the heat of a New Mexico summer I have had no over heating issues. I wanted a Rubicon for the extra little ratio in low range, and the lockers. I would have liked to been able to get the 6sp, but I needed the auto so my wife and daughters can drive it. It is almost the perfect hunting vehicle. I went with the 2 door, I am a big fan of the traditional Jeep look, nothing against the 4 door, but I don't care for the look. I am glad I found this site, love the interaction, and all of the information available. Hope I can contribute in the future, I will be adding a RR XHD bumper and Recon 10,500 winch soon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I started with the RR XHD bumper and a SuperWinch LP10000, then I added a mild lift and new tires/wheels. I have a '10 Rubicon and absolutely love driving it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Getting ready for my first set of mods for my 10' Rubicon, New wheels to go on the stock tires will be installed next week and in two weeks will have new leather seats from Road Wire

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to install the RR skid for the swaybar e-disconnect, and probably some 1" spacers to keep the factory rake angle. I like the stock wheels and tires (lifts and bigger tires look good), it reminds me more of my CJ-5, I may look into regearing in a few years, I loved the 5.38s that were in the CJ, coupled with the 4:1 transfer case it would only improve the already excellent off road capabilities of the Jeep. I am glad I am not the only one who isn't Jonesing for a 2012, if I want speed, we have a VW Jetta TDI, if I need power to pull something, I have the Cummins, for pure stress relief and getting throught the nasty stuff, the Rubicon.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
I bought my Jeep back in July, it was used with 1900 miles on it, it was sold new in May of 2011. I love it more every time I drive it, especially offroad, it handles rock crawling and mud very well, can't wait for snow. This is my second Jeep, my first was a 1956 Willys CJ-5, unfortunately it came at the wrong time in my life. I thought 4 wheeling was fun in my Dodge Cummins, but the Jeep has brought it to a whole new level. It has plenty of power, and even in the heat of a New Mexico summer I have had no over heating issues. I wanted a Rubicon for the extra little ratio in low range, and the lockers. I would have liked to been able to get the 6sp, but I needed the auto so my wife and daughters can drive it. It is almost the perfect hunting vehicle. I went with the 2 door, I am a big fan of the traditional Jeep look, nothing against the 4 door, but I don't care for the look. I am glad I found this site, love the interaction, and all of the information available. Hope I can contribute in the future, I will be adding a RR XHD bumper and Recon 10,500 winch soon.
:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts