Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Def Leopard's drummer design the TJ?

I mean sometimes I like to drive with my right arm..... Ok? but then what am I supposed to do with my left arm? There's no place to put it. I tried curling it across my chest, but then I look like Stephen Hawking.

I don't know, just venting.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Did Def Leopard's drummer design the TJ?

I mean sometimes I like to drive with my right arm..... Ok? but then what am I supposed to do with my left arm? There's no place to put it. I tried curling it across my chest, but then I look like Stephen Hawking.

I don't know, just venting.
Ahahahaha! Def Leopard's drummer AND Stephen Hawking in one post! Well done.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I just let my left arm hang down, resting against the door jam.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a grab handle attache to the roll bar. I just hold onto that when the right hand is doing the driving

·
Registered
541 Posts
Now you are going to make me pay attention to where my arm is placed when i drive later today....I'm a child of the 80's...High and Dry was pretty good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Am I correct in guessing, Indy49, that you have an auto trans? I have a manual so I normally drive with both hands, or at least my left hand on the wheel.

When I am on the highway and do not expect to need to shift gears soon I will sometimes rest my left arm on the grab handle on my door or in my lap. If I want to rest my right arm I will rest it on the between-seat storage box.

This is what seems to work for me -- your mileage my vary.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Am I correct in guessing, Indy49, that you have an auto trans? I have a manual so I normally drive with both hands, or at least my left hand on the wheel. When I am on the highway and do not expect to need to shift gears soon I will sometimes rest my left arm on the grab handle on my door or in my lap. If I want to rest my right arm I will rest it on the between-seat storage box. This is what seems to work for me -- your mileage my vary.
Yes, automatic. My arms have nothing to do but steer, and wave at other jeeps.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is only a problem in winter weather, otherwise my arm is resting at the base of an open window. The real question is what to do with your left arm when you are driving with no doors

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I use my left arm/hand to soothe my left knee, which gets sore and bruised after bouncing repeatedly off the window crank. Sucks being tall and fat...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I use my left arm/hand to soothe my left knee, which gets sore and bruised after bouncing repeatedly off the window crank. Sucks being tall and fat...
Me too on the knee thing. 6'5". Hardly a week goes by someone doesn't tell me now nice it must be to be tall. If they only knew.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts