Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had knee surgery 2 weeks ago and I will not be able to drive my jeep for 2 months till my leg is strong enough or can bend enough to engage the clutch. I was walking by my jeep yesterday and realized how much I miss driving it. So hopefully.
Love the jeep

·
Banned
11,188 Posts
i hear ya dude. i couldn't drive mine for 2 months(blew up the trans in a mud bog)... it sucks. but when you do finally get to drive it you wont want to stop till you run out of gas haha. good luck.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
You should loan her to someone else before she cheats on you.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
itll be over 2 years before i getta drive mine again..well only 14 more months anyways.. its already been since december

·
Registered
312 Posts
Been there with the knee surgery. It'll be better than new when it's all said and done. (I wish I'd have my other knee done too). The clutch issue...ya that sucks. That's why I got an auto this time. I'm not getting any younger. Lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I feel ya about knee pain brothers, I just wish surgery would fix my knees so I could get a Jeep with a stick, I'm stuck with auto cause my knees are bad and need replacement before I can clutch again, plus the nerve damage is too bad to do anything about.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,383 Posts
No cryin' the blues about not being able to drive your Jeep for a couple weeks. I won't bother telling you about my '97 TJ I bought new that was stolen earlier this year. :p

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
No cryin' the blues about not being able to drive your Jeep for a couple weeks. I won't bother telling you about my '97 TJ I bought new that was stolen earlier this year. :p
WOW.. ive def missed a lot being gone..

any news on what happened?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I feel your pain with the survey. I also had knee surgery in October. Just now getting to where I can drive my TJ without too much pain. But I missed it too much to stay away any longer. Had to go muddin last weekend to take care of the itch. Lol. You'll be up and Jeepin soon enough.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,383 Posts
WOW.. ive def missed a lot being gone..

any news on what happened?
No news, it has not yet been found and I doubt it ever will since the odds are very high it was driven into Mexico from here in San Diego. Crooked Mexican cops, Federales, and drug cartels are constantly stealing 4x4 trucks and Jeeps here in the San Diego area to take across the border and use. They even keep the California license plates in place as a badge of honor.

Replaced it with an '04 which will always be known as "my replacement Jeep", likely never just "my Jeep". Kind of like losing my first love right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the supports.
For you guys with bad knees and before knee replacements check out this procedure ( it may be an alternative) don't settle for a fake knee. Anyhow the procedure is ACI, Articular cartilage implantation. I had my right knee done two yrs ago. They implant your own cartilage cell and they Re grow. I had defects 4 by 6 cm in size. This procedure is not advertised but has been in practice for over 10 yrs. It works. Few OS perform this but more and more are starting. It gives you your knees back with you normal hard cartilage you were born with.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
No news, it has not yet been found and I doubt it ever will since the odds are very high it was driven into Mexico from here in San Diego. Crooked Mexican cops, Federales, and drug cartels are constantly stealing 4x4 trucks and Jeeps here in the San Diego area to take across the border and use. They even keep the California license plates in place as a badge of honor.

Replaced it with an '04 which will always be known as "my replacement Jeep", likely never just "my Jeep". Kind of like losing my first love right?
yep.. i could NEVER replace my jeep.. would be sad if i ever had to get rid of her.. original owner since 1 mile

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yea about that Jerry.
My Buddie in New Mexico is still on the lookout at the illegal car places and chop shops, between Mexico an nevada

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm still keeping my eye out here in Texas incase those rotten scoundrels ever use it to run drugs up I-35. :firedevil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts