Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of friends, "go figure" Anyway they are interested in the off road experience. Most of them are older and have SUV's with single wheel drive. I am looking for a nice fire road up in the mountains. Something really easy. Maybe a 3 to 4 hour run on Nov 24th. See some trees and some rocks. Maybe cross a creek. My Jedi master level trail boss is off hiking the yukon or maybe it's the Amazon that weekend so I am left with a "find a trail and do it" message from him. I am such a Noob. I don't know the trails. But I have an IPad 3 and google maps which has all the trails on it in realtime. I just have to watch the little blue pin follow the trail and turn when it tells me to. So what is a really safe road for maybe 8 to 10 trucks?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Gunner said:
I have a bunch of friends, "go figure" Anyway they are interested in the off road experience. Most of them are older and have SUV's with single wheel drive. I am looking for a nice fire road up in the mountains. Something really easy. Maybe a 3 to 4 hour run on Nov 24th. See some trees and some rocks. Maybe cross a creek. My Jedi master level trail boss is off hiking the yukon or maybe it's the Amazon that weekend so I am left with a "find a trail and do it" message from him. I am such a Noob. I don't know the trails. But I have an IPad 3 and google maps which has all the trails on it in realtime. I just have to watch the little blue pin follow the trail and turn when it tells me to. So what is a really safe road for maybe 8 to 10 trucks?
Crab Flats Road becomes Holcomb Valley Road and crosses the Creek a couple of times. It starts off Green Valley Road just off the 18/330 outside of Arrowbear, and will take you all the way to Fawnskin. It's a couple hour drive, and it's Gorgeous.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You could try Indian Truck Trail... there should be an exit right off the 15
it can be closed.. there is skyline drive in corona wich connects to the main divide 74hwy in elsinor. there is also bee canyon in hemet. you can also pull off and fire a few rounds!!:dance: blm land

·
Registered
290 Posts
it can be closed.. there is skyline drive in corona wich connects to the main divide 74hwy in elsinor. there is also bee canyon in hemet. you can also pull off and fire a few rounds!!:dance: blm land
would you happen to know where I can acquire a map that shows where all the blm land is? didn't mean to hijack sorry Bob! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
McIntire cabin up here in Red Rock canyon. Easy road, cabin at the end, then you could scoot over to Robber's roost, then cross the 14, go to Burro Schmidt Tunnel, then Bickel Camp, stop at the Borax Mines, and then... OOOPS was that last chance. "My bad" Or if you want to stretch it out, Colorado Camp, Holland camp, Goler Gulch (not it is not hard, there is ONE tight spot and by tight I mean parking space tight by jeep standards a joke), that will put you on Garlock road. Great run for n00bs to get their feet, err tires dirty.

At least this way they get to see some sites.

What is it you mean by "trucks" anyways?

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Crab Flats Road becomes Holcomb Valley Road and crosses the Creek a couple of times. It starts off Green Valley Road just off the 18/330 outside of Arrowbear, and will take you all the way to Fawnskin. It's a couple hour drive, and it's Gorgeous.
Bob, I would definetely agree with Rob's sugestion. It sounds just like what you are looking for. Those are big verhicles, but this trail is well cared for and provides some great views and water crossings!

·
Registered
606 Posts
RadarRob2012 said:
Is that the road right before crab flats camp ground ??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cleghorn and Pilot Rock over to Willow Creek are easy trails with scenery too. There's a water crossing. Not sure how deep it is right now though. Just stay on the fire roads and away from 2N17x.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Cleghorn and Pilot Rock over to Willow Creek are easy trails with scenery too. There's a water crossing. Not sure how deep it is right now though. Just stay on the fire roads and away from 2N17x.
+1

What I was going to suggest. Cleghorn and all of Pilot Rock is easy if you stay on the fire roads, and skip the side trails.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts