Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm looking for is a picture of a clock spring that has the steering angle sensor.. I need the cover off the angle sensor portion and a Pic of the gears inside. I'll attach a Pic of mine for reference.

I had an airbag light in due to a clock spring so I picked up another from ebay. I found a few years ago that you can buy the $25 clock spring without the steering angle sensor and just swap the module over.. Saves some $$. It was a learning experience and what I learned most was to tape the inner ring to the housing or boyongyoing.. The ribbon goes everywhere! So that one lasted a few years after me rewinding.

So once again I bought a cheapo off ebay, taped the ring in place, popped the cover off the steering Angle sensor and pulled the gear.. Crap! Then realized I forgot to note the position of the gear. Last time I took a picture but this time I totally forgot. I put it back together with a rough idea where it was at but got a stability light when driving. Pulled apart again, reclocked a little but still not quite close enough. It's a 10 minute deal if someone has an old one laying around and can post a pic of the gears with clockspring positioned at 12. If not, I'll eventually find the right spot.

Thanks

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're in luck! (Perhaps...) I have a spare one on the shelf!

It is currently locked into the zero position as when shipped.

Says that the image or link is broken. Appreciate the effort! I think I finally found the right position but a Pic would great just in case I'm off a tooth

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks!

Probably because it's cached on your machine (but your direct link worked for me).

I'm curious about this, what are you looking at to determine position? I haven't had to mess with a clockspring before.

I don't know what the OP is using, offhand. The yellow thing behind it in the top of the pic is the locking pin to keep it in the zero position before fitting.

(I bought a replacement when mine failed, but kept the old one, so when the recall for them came out, I reinstalled the failed original, & so now have a working spare on the shelf.)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Clock spring recall...

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I believe I'm having clock spring issues. The dealer says there isn't a recall. Any help is appreciated. I have a 2012 JKUR. I'll do it myself if I have to :(

Thanks!

I don't know what the OP is using, offhand. The yellow thing behind it in the top of the pic is the locking pin to keep it in the zero position before fitting.

(I bought a replacement when mine failed, but kept the old one, so when the recall for them came out, I reinstalled the failed original, & so now have a working spare on the shelf.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts