Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 sport with 4.0. Is there any aftermarket brand that is worth the money or should I just go with a stock replacement?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Good question, I was thinking the same thing after I saw my rear pipe separating from my muffler. I'm thinking Flowmaster.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I got a magnaflow installed and it's just BARELY louder than stock. I wasn't going for a sound change, and didn't really want one. What I DID want was a better flowing exhaust to help my turbo. I'm satisfied with it...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ordered a Gibson. I'll let ya know when I get it installed.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I don't really want a sound change either. I want something that will flow good but I don't think any straight 6 sounds good with loud exhaust.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Doing my Son's today with a Walker Quiet Flo SS stock replacement muffler. It's a direct fit for a decent price.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I had a magnaflow on mine for about 6 months. Hated the sound of drone and (at least on mine) it got louder the more miles I put on it.

Went back to a stock muffler and couldn't be happier. (I'm 47 so I may be too old for the sound)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Dynomax is very quiet and I see on the to scrolling banner that the 100.00 rebate is back. The catback w/ 100.00 back is very cheap

·
Registered
353 Posts
Got my Gibson on yesterday. I barely notice it when cruising. Only when I really get on it does it make a nice growl. I have an I6 5 speed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just a thought

Mine is looking kinda ify too. I'm thinking maybe go with a Cherry Bomb. :lmao::rofl2:

Nah, that might not sound too swell. Don't want to chase off the wildlife, will go with stock.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just had Midas weld in a Thrush Super Turbo. Not real loud and definitely an improvement over stock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just had a stainless steel straight thru performance magna flow muffler installed on my jeep also and it sounds nice barley louder then stock and u know ur getting straight thru performance ! sounds like a quiet v8

1 - 17 of 17 Posts