Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:happyyes:

I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift for my 2015 JKUR HR with Bilstein 5100 gas shocks (front and rear).

I'm going to put off upgrading tires/wheels until my tires wear out. Therefore, I'll also need wheel spacers to utilize my stock wheels "for now". This turns into ~$220 in parts that become sell-offs once I upgrade wheels/tires.

I can do some things to my Jeep myself, but I'm not sure I'm confident enough to do the install of a lift by myself. If you get the lift wrong, lots can go south right? The shop I'm considering has a great reputation for great work. They are estimating 6 hours to do this (including extending brake lines, etc.).

For some reason, I'm finding myself uncharacteristically indecisive right now. It's probably easier to "sell the wife" on the total upgrade if I do it half at a time (lift, then wheels/tires).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I would wait until I had the $$ for the lift and tires.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just finished putting my RK 2.5 Max Travel, with Fox Shocks on my 14 JKURX, and I am still on factory wheels and tires, or at least till my AEV Rims arrive, and I make my mind up on which 35 tire I am going to go with. I will tell you, once you install the lift, you will want the rims and tires immediately. It took a friend and I 2 days of labor in his driveway, so 6 hours for a professional shop is probably about right. It wasn't rocket science, but I can tell you, some pieces on the RK lift don't want to fit very easily. Just my experience, but I do love it now. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts