Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody with a sun rider soft top take a picture of the foam seal at the top near the header seal. Mine is chewed up and I'm getting new foam, just need to see how it's supposed to look.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
found this on Google, can't help otherwise 'til lunch. The view is a bonus.

The rectangle strip goes at the front corner, the part with the cutout follows the contours and goes around the bow.

The install videos also show how it's applied. EDIT: This video @ 4:40

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I like the view!! I have that picture already and replaced that foam. I'm looking for a picture on the actual door surround. Something like this.

image-996322214.jpg

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to replace my foam pieces and definitely wasn't about to drop $130 on the mopar foam kit. Called bestop and got their door surround replacement foam, which is the exact same piece, for a little over $5 shipped.

Just needed the picture to confirm everything was the same.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hot damn! I knew someone had to be having the same issue I was. Dealer quoted me $165 for a foam kit. I only need the front corner section above each door where the soft top seats down. Where did you get foam like that, and how did you adhere it? Mine are trashed and I'm not sure I'll get another season out of them.

Edit:
Triplethreat a couple of posts above mine has a picture of it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hot damn! I knew someone had to be having the same issue I was. Dealer quoted me $165 for a foam kit. I only need the front corner section above each door where the soft top seats down. Where did you get foam like that, and how did you adhere it? Mine are trashed and I'm not sure I'll get another season out of them. Edit: Triplethreat a couple of posts above mine has a picture of it.
Call bestop it's part# 488.40p. Little over $5 with shipping.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer wouldn't replace mine because the service manger says I was putting the top up wrong. I think it's just a bs excuse not to do the job since Chrysler probably won't it them since it's the 3rd time for the same leak and they never fixed them before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts