Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 96 lt1/4l60e in my 03 jeep wrangler im not sure what shifter i wanna use im thinkin Lokar but im not sure where to measure for shifter length anyone have any ideas Thanks:punk:

·
Knows a couple things...
49,502 Posts
Shifter length? Do you mean cable length? I installed a B&M shifter and the 5' cable that came with it had such a tight radius by the time it was connected between the shifter and transmission that it would barely shift. I ended up having to buy their 8' cable which solved that problem. Between the B&M and Lokar I'd probably recommend the Lokar as my B&M shifted like crap.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
What is a "lt1/4l60e "

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Small-block Corvette engine and a GM 4L60E transmission. :)
Wow, it's been 32 years since I worked in a Chevy dealer and those codes are like foreign. After 13 years in the dealer I knew all there was to know but now it's corporate life, wife, 4 kids, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read on one of these sites where someone said the lokar fit in original hole in floor just tryin to figure out witch shifter is best I think lokar just don't know witch one as far as length of shifter and witch mount is best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts