Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bent the crap out of my stock tie rod (100,000 miles) but my local shop is not sure if any after market tie rods will clear my 15" rims. Has anyone been able to make this happen?

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
Tough one.

Just get another stock tie rod (OEM or from Crow to same a few $$$) and if you're worried of bending it off road then carry a spare!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I wnt with Fusion4x4 after some of the recommendations here on the forum. They advertised as fitting stock, so it may be worth a phone call.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I believe the Yeti XD will fit. I was looking into this a while back and did some research on it and talked to the guys at Steersmarts. The diameter is 7mm greater than the stock TRE, so 3.5mm on each side. If you have that much clearance between the current TRE, that may work

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did a test fit on a friends Jeep using my wheels, her Synergy set up fits with MM's to spare.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ran the synergy rod with 15" 3.75 BS rims and when i would back up the rod would flop and the ends would grind into the rims. They make some anti flops things that may have stopped this. Also the wheel weights on the rims where rubbing the brakes. I changed to 17" rims.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I ran the synergy rod with 15" 3.75 BS rims and when i would back up the rod would flop and the ends would grind into the rims. They make some anti flops things that may have stopped this. Also the wheel weights on the rims where rubbing the brakes. I changed to 17" rims.
FYI: The steersmarts Yeti stuff doesnt rotate like that one. if you have mm to spare, then this may be the only option.
Again, no personal experience, just from what I was told by the vendor. YMMV

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've ordered the anti flop thing too. LOL

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Let us know how it works out. Im in the same boat, just havent pulled the trigger on anything yet
15" wheels and 100k miles. Stuff gets worn out. Rather upgrade then get same ol Mopar junk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts