Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically i have the BA 10 Peugeot that no longer has 3rd or 4th gears, no knocking and no grinding. all the other gears work fine. when it went out it was knocking a little in all gears but only when the clutch was out, when it was depressed there was no noise. backed it out of the garage and the gears just didnt work. like they are not even there. Anyone out there have any idea or maybe an AX 15 they would be willing to sell or any five speed that will bolt up to the 4.2?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Check the FAQ section in the YJ forum for good write ups regarding the swap to a a later AX15. The easiest is a complete setup from a 90-91 YJ.

There is also a for sale/parts forum to see if anyone near you has what you need.

A good place to try also are any nearby 4x4 club's websites....they usually have similar for sale listings. As well as reputable shops, should you need help.

I found mine local, and had it all done for less than a 800 bucks, including new clutch & assorted parts.

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
LOL

Yup, plenty of info about the AX15, and I must say it was super simple.

I got a XJ cherokee AX15 and TC; only had to get a new clutch disk, adjust the linkage and manufacture a mounting since I didnt get it with the set up and I had to use the one from the BA. Re-clock the TC, and bolt it in. Super easy and I would highly recommend it. $275 + new fluids and I was back in business.

I had 300 just in reverse gear set that lasted a month; I now tell everyone NOT TO SPEND A DIME ON THAT BA/10 TRANSMISSION. Not worth the effort at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im just waiting for my BA to drop out before I do a swap to a AX15. Mine sounds like a baby rattle, but its still rolling. However, the syncro's are going out bad and I have to really baby her just to get to work and back. If the BA could drop after Christmas that would be great. If you search E-Bay for AX-15 there are a ton available and some already have the transfer case

·
Registered
664 Posts
Carlsbad0331 said:
For a brief moment, I forgot what forum I was on...
Hmm what forum do you also visit lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts