Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girl is buying me a front and rear bumper for my bday:). I really like the look of the SRC front and rear bumper (smittybilt). My question is should i still get them after hearing about all the crap. Found the front for 200 and the rear for 325 no tax. Who is the original maker of this bumper? It seems like 10 different companys make this style bumper. My girl is giving me a limit of $550 for both any feedback would be great.

Thanks Robby1207

·
Registered
431 Posts
Watch out for shipping cost, they will charge $50 for something that size sometimes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can't advise you until we see pics of your girlfriend. If she's cute as hell, take the bumpers, if not, forget it.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Can't advise you until we see pics of your girlfriend. If she's cute as hell, take the bumpers, if not, forget it.
The woman is going to spend $550 on his ride. She gets major points for that! Why not pick out a good front or rear for the $550 and keep her around until your bitrthday?

I showed my wife about 10 things from the quadratec catalog and she's not getting any of them. She said it was too much trouble and wanted to get something from a store. Looks like more ugly sweaters for me this year :(

I should get her a cookware set:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
robby1207 said:
So my girl is buying me a front and rear bumper for my bday:). I really like the look of the SRC front and rear bumper (smittybilt). My question is should i still get them after hearing about all the crap. Found the front for 200 and the rear for 325 no tax. Who is the original maker of this bumper? It seems like 10 different companys make this style bumper. My girl is giving me a limit of $550 for both any feedback would be great.

Thanks Robby1207
I say go for it. I have them on my tj and love then they are really tough and affordable. Plus they have mounts for ur factory fog lights and mounts for extra lights and for d rings. Has everything u will need. My only complaint with these is the rear bumper could b beefed up a Lil where it mounts to the frame. (bent mine a Lil from tryin to yank a z71 outta tha mud) but that was really my fault.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The woman is going to spend $550 on his ride. She gets major points for that! Why not pick out a good front or rear for the $550 and keep her around until your bitrthday?

I showed my wife about 10 things from the quadratec catalog and she's not getting any of them. She said it was too much trouble and wanted to get something from a store. Looks like more ugly sweaters for me this year :(

I should get her a cookware set:D
TJ - the $550 looks good at first blush, but you gotta be careful. A man's Jeep is verrry, verrrry personal. Once they start buying stuff for it, they own you. And how do you sell a Jeep (obviously for another one) if its got a bunch of parts that somebody else (girlfriend) bought? I say better get a pre-nuptual on the Jeep before accepting parts, unless she's cute as hell then who cares?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys!!!! And by the way my girl is hot im not just saying that. I think im going to just get the bumpers

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the info guys!!!! And by the way my girl is hot im not just saying that. I think im going to just get the bumpers
10-4 How bout some pics after you get them? Also maybe some pics of the bumpers as well. Thanks. UR

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I won't buy Smittybilt anything with all the trouble I have had with their craptastic products, but that's just my opinion and she is willing to buy you parts for your Jeep. She sounds like a keeper to me! :punk:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts