Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

!st of all i'm a new member in the form and i say hellow everyone :punk:

well I own a jeep wrangler 2004 sahar and i have modifided as listed it below
1- Cold Air Intake (K&N)
2- Borla ( Headers and Cat Back)
3- Spark Plug ( Denso Irrdum)

i feel that its not giving me the power i want and when i try to speed up from the 1st gear the gague fly to the mixmum limit wthout feeling the power i want
so i thought of
1- Unichip (compiter chip)
2- Throttle Body Kit

well if you guys have any suggestions plz help me with that :crash:

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
First, it's not a racer... a Jeep is an offroad vehicle. That aside, what size tires are you running and what is your axle ratio.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Unless you get the chip custom made, your not going to get anything out of it so iv been told. Waste of money =/

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Cute avatar Lev.

A chip is useless and you'll burn more fuel. Is your Jeep all stock besides the listed mods? Keep in mind the only REAL way to get REAL power is a stroker or V8 swap, that engine is designed to have tons of torque.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Keep in mind the only REAL way to get REAL power is a stroker or V8 swap, that engine is designed to have tons of torque.
If his TJ is geared too high with tires too big for his present gearing, it's a simple matter to regear his axles which will restore/substantially increase power/torque. It's not always an engine power problem. That is exactly why I asked the OP what size tires and what axle ratio he has. $1100 or so to regear a pair of axles is a lot better than installing a stroker kit or V8 to overcome an improper axle ratio. :)

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Boost or gears will be most noticable upgrade.. Gears..differential gears.. upping the gears a bit wil increase your acceleration but lower ur top speed while boost.. well just even lower mpg and few grand less in pocket :D

Saharas are I6 right? Honestly i my self like more power but it's still an offroading vehicle.. I rather be taller (lift kit and tires) than 350-400hp (and getting speeding tickets).. Its an offroading vehicle man which means high center point of gravity..easy to roll... I know once in a while you just want to step on it, show off ur friends but again if thats what you wanted.. Offroading vehicle with the shape of a brick isnt the best :)

Rip.. stroker kit will give you ~280 hp.. boost is infinite as long as it can hold.. now thats what i call REAL power :flipoff:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
$1100 or so to regear a pair of axles is a lot better than installing a stroker kit or V8 to overcome an improper axle ratio. :)
Of cousre! But we don't know the gear ratio yet so I threw out everything. :D I'm pretty sure it's a gear problem, but it also seems to me he wants more power.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Still, Its a Jeep. Don't expect much in power without an engine swap. If you wanna add a little bit of power, Go on ebay and buy a custom exhaust and chip. They're dirt cheap on there, but I don't know how quality they are. I bought a chip to find out, I'll tell ya when I get it installed.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
A chip won't make any difference on the trail or around town. They ONLY help at high RPMs and wide-open throttle, not how most of us drive our Jeeps. Plus most chips require 89 or higher octane gas. To me, a chip is a huge waste of $$$.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Whoops, missed the exhaust part in the post sorry. Post your tire size and gearing ratio. The chip will give you a few more MPG, and give some minor hp gains

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
The chip is designed to alter the fuel/air mixture, increasing fuel and allow more air into the cylinders. It's not gonna make a difference in a Jeep, and it's gonna burn more fuel.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My sisters boyfriend has a trip gauge, and after the chip install he gets an extra 2 mpg(average) with his 4 banger.

·
Registered
978 Posts
It doesn't make it leaner, it simply uses the exact gas to air ratio so that there is no gas wasted. most chips have proven to increase the longevity of your engine life as well.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
It's different on every car :) My old Miata.. the stock factory AF ratio was 12:1 which is quite rich so what a chip would do is make it 13-13.5:1.. I think it was Jackson racing chip that did that.. they had dyno graphs and all that stuff on there too measuring the AF mixture at any rpm on different settings..

Keep in mind too much fuel is just as bad as too little fuel.. this isnt a 2 stroke RC engine where fuel and oil are mixed together...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts