Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help from someone in the US with getting some crucial parts to me. They are not available from my local Jeep dealer and to be honest according to them these parts do not exist and cannot be had. I cannot find a place online that sells it. I would be over the moon if someone was willing to perhaps pruchase and then post me as cheaply as possible the two required parts.

I need the parts for the transfer case shifter that is knocking. I think it is called a torque shaft service kit.

TSB 21-09-98 JUL 98
Transfer Case Shifter - Creaking/Thumping Noise

Part Numbers
05014148-AA Torque SH 21-105-00

Anyone that could help? I would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Rolf said:
I need help from someone in the US with getting some crucial parts to me. They are not available from my local Jeep dealer and to be honest according to them these parts do not exist and cannot be had. I cannot find a place online that sells it. I would be over the moon if someone was willing to perhaps pruchase and then post me as cheaply as possible the two required parts.

I need the parts for the transfer case shifter that is knocking. I think it is called a torque shaft service kit.

TSB 21-09-98 JUL 98
Transfer Case Shifter - Creaking/Thumping Noise
Part Numbers
05014148-AA Torque SH 21-105-00

Anyone that could help? I would be much appreciated!
According to this site that part number corresponds to a Transfer Case Shaft.

http://www.factorymoparparts.com/05014148aa.html

Cheap, if that's what you need..

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to this site that part number corresponds to a Transfer Case Shaft.

Mopar Part 05014148AA TRANSFER CASE SHAFT

Cheap, if that's what you need..
Nah, the whole piece "05014148-AA Torque SH 21-105-00" is supposed to indicate the service kit number. So it is the service kit for the Transfer Case Shaft. I am pretty sure it is only available at the dealers.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Here is a guy that has been helpful to forum members in the past (may even get a “jeep club” discount if you mention this forum) & is pretty knowledgeable. Try him.

Bobby
RT Partsco
1-888-956-6727
Fax 813-436-4796
[email protected]

I think he is at dodge-wholesale.com

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
A quick googling shows a newer part number:

TSB #21-09-98 JUL 98

Old Part#: 05014148AA TORQUE SH 21-105-001

New Part #: 04886481AA

I don't know if it's the correct part but ...

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts