Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new cold air intake and throttle body spacer in my JK with the 3.8ltr. Now my engine light is on and wont go out any have any ideas on what may be wrong here.

Ssg. DeLoy Douglas ret.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
double/triple check all wires to start. Was the light on as soon as you were done? Or did it run for a bit without the light?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Easy way to find out, & that would be after you check & make sure all connections are on that you may have removed & all bolts are tighten & anything else you touched is check. Scan the vehicle & see what the code says!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Air flow sensor? Unhook battery wait 5 and reconnect.... remember had to do this on my friends scion when he put CAI in it

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Did you remember to plug in the harness for the intake air temp sensor? Bolts for the throttle body snug? Are the clamps all tight?

·
Registered
224 Posts
x2 with disconnecting the battery and did you make sure the key was out of the ignition when you were installing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx to everyone for the prompt help messages.

Hey thanx everyone for the quick responses it turned out that the temp sensor didn't get seated properly. one of the guys i work with found it at lunch time today for me and now im good to go again.
I really like this place everyone seems real helpful thank ya'll again very much. :wavey:

Pigstikr
Ssg. DeLoy Douglas E. Ret. USA

·
Registered
863 Posts
Any time you do something to your vehicle and something happens after right of way. It's usually something you touched. So just go & check everything you touch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts