Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know literally nothing when it comes to audio, so bear with me and my (probably) dumb questions.

Question: will any sub fit in my stock sub box as long as it's 8"?

I have a 2011 Sahara unlimited, so I have that stock subwoofer that budges out of the side in the trunk. It sucks, of course, and I want to replace it.

So, my question is: can I just find any sub online and use it, just as long as it's 8"? I don't believe that's the case so could someone please recommended me a good 8" sub that'll fit in that box? I suck at wiring and would rather not take it somewhere, so I'd prefer if it was plug n play but if not then that's okay.

So basically I mostly just need recommendations for a new 8" sub that'll fit in that box (without having to make any/much modifications)

P.S. - I'm replacing all the stock speakers in my 2011 jeep (I believe it had the infinity audio system), are the stock speakers worth any money? Should I sell the stock speakers or just toss them

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
Depth on the 8" sub is the real issue. You can get trim rings to add more depth for a sub to fit.

Many users have the 8" pioneer shallow sub or the the jl 8w3v3 w/ a small trim ring.

The oem speakers are worthless. I removed my 2014 "alpine upgrade" and its one of those cheapos. I didn't even see an "alpine" emblem on them. I tossed them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depth on the 8" sub is the real issue. You can get trim rings to add more depth for a sub to fit.

Many users have the 8" pioneer shallow sub or the the jl 8w3v3 w/ a small trim ring.

The oem speakers are worthless. I removed my 2014 "alpine upgrade" and its one of those cheapos. I didn't even see an "alpine" emblem on them. I tossed them.
Ahh, thanks for the help!

I think I'll go with the 8" pioneer shallow sub just so I can keep it simple. I believe I've found it, but could you please link me to it (on Amazon) so that way I know I've got the right one, please.

Also, would this sub be plug n play? Or do I need an adapter or something. If so, please guide me to the right products. Thanks buddy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts