Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo which I need help with fixing my break lights.

I believe I have a short somewhere but I can describe I and if anyone can help me avoid going to the dealer I will really appreciate it.

A while back as I was driving and noticed my radio and my dashboard light were flickering going off and on but eventually came back on and I didn't think of anything. Until I got stopped by the police for not having break lights. (Got away with a warning)

-So I replaced the light bulbs and nothing.
-I replace the break switch and nothing.
-I replaced the casing and all new sockets on both sides and nothing.
-I checked the fuse box and noticed a fuse (15 blue) slot 27 burnt and I replaced it. It burnt again.

So, at this time I only have regular lights, no break lights. My signal and reverse light are also working.

But yesterday in another attempt to diagnose whats going on with my break lights. I was able to get my break lights to come on but they were really low. Meaning, the regular lights that are working are brighter than the break lights. It should be the other way around. So something somewhere got inverted.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, I figured I start here.

Thanks in advance to whomever can guide me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
If you are popping fuses, you have a short and need to look for that.

It could also be bad grounds. Check the grounds from the lamp to the chassis or lamp socket to the chassis. I'll bet if you clean those up, it will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts