Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m not sure why my wheel is pointing inwards; I’m trying my best to avoid buying another front axle, what do y’all recommend the rh lower control arm bracket is all bent up. It’s a 2014 Jeep Wrangler 4D Rubicon
The pit man arm also broke off the gear box will be needing another gear box

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
It would appear the axle is bent but if it isnt get a new bracket welded on.

What did you hit and how fast were you going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
881 Posts
Bought like this from a car auction just trying to see if it’s fixable
It could be. The shop to weld on the new bracket could tell you if tubes are bent if you cant determine that yourself. Could probably find freebie stock control arm easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Yep, new front axle. Maybe a little bit of frame work to be done. Maybe some work needed for brackets

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would the tire be off as well since the pitman arm broke off the gear box? The sprint is not centered either

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’m not sure why my wheel is pointing inwards; I’m trying my best to avoid buying another front axle, what do y’all recommend the rh lower control arm bracket is all bent up. It’s a 2014 Jeep Wrangler 4D Rubicon
The pit man arm also broke off the gear box will be needing another gear box
I like it. Gives it character. I just ordered a Rubicon with the steel bumper group. I think having one of them bent will have the same effect.

·
Retired Moderator
102,483 Posts
Would the tire be off as well since the pitman arm broke off the gear box? The sprint is not centered either
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Reactions: AndyAlbarran

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good. Might be helpful to have a friend with a JK to park it next to it, and start measuring what's right and what's wrong.

·
Retired Moderator
102,483 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Reactions: strickerje

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
To be totally honest. If you know for fact the frame is straight don’t bother messing with that front diff just get a used one or buy and new housing and put those internals in it. You have no idea how badly that housing could be tweaked. You could be chasing issues for months. Just change it out and be done with it. My only other concern is if the lower control arm bracket on the diff housing is that bent, the other end LCA bracket on the frame is likely bent as well. Been there done that, had a similar accident in 2011. Have it inspected thoroughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
To me, it almost appears as if the upper part of the "C" is bent. Compare it to the driver's side C. The upper ball joint could also be damaged. If the C is bent, a used axle would be the best solution. While it could be replaced, a use axle would probably be cheaper and also resolve the question of the stability of the entire differential after having been hit that hard. I would also junk the wheel, even if it appears ok, it could have internal structural damage that is not visible to the naked eye.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,169 Posts
How do you know the frame isnt bent if it hasnt been apart yet? Trust me, those front horns do not take direct head on impacts well. Do the freedom panels sit flush and square? Does the front of the roof leak? Its easy to say pitman, control arm, knuckle, wheel... but its the things downstream from an impact like that to consider. A pillar, windshield, roof alignment, etc.

Are you trying to spend as little as possible for your own vehicle or are you trying to maximize profit and flip it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts