Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
345 Posts
Taking a more careful look at the first pic, my money is on a bent frame. None of the pieces in the front fit right anymore.

Then there's the common sense deduction from what happened to the front axle: there was a whole lotta energy involved in the crash. Would be a bit of a miracle if the frame was dead straight.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I’m with everyone else: get the frame thoroughly checked. If they verify the frame is straight, Merry Christmas and time for a hotrod new front end because I’m assuming you stole that from the auction and even more Merry Christmas because the title isn’t branded.

Well done. If you are just going to flip for profit, get a take off axle, and replace ALL the control arms. I bet the shock mounts are bent, though.

·
Registered
2017 JKUR 3.5" MC Kit
423 Posts
Taking a more careful look at the first pic, my money is on a bent frame. None of the pieces in the front fit right anymore.

Then there's the common sense deduction from what happened to the front axle: the was a whole lotta energy involved in the crash. Would be a bit of a miracle if the frame was dead straight.
I focused on the wheel and not until you pointed it out that noticed the window area is bent too. 100% this had a ton of energy go through the frame and is totaled for that very reason. We may never know as the OP doesn't appear to be coming back

·
Registered
43 Posts
How do you know the frame isnt bent if it hasnt been apart yet? Trust me, those front horns do not take direct head on impacts well. Do the freedom panels sit flush and square? Does the front of the roof leak? Its easy to say pitman, control arm, knuckle, wheel... but its the things downstream from an impact like that to consider. A pillar, windshield, roof alignment, etc.

Are you trying to spend as little as possible for your own vehicle or are you trying to maximize profit and flip it?
i would go to a front end shop and find out 100% what all it needs to be replaced and start repairing it. but if your
frame is bent even so little, that will need to be addressed first.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,186 Posts
I downloaded the image and I'm glad you took a high res pic. Its clear as day that the right horn of the frame is bent. All that energy went through the wheel/axle/suspension and into the frame and into the A pillar. Yellow circle shows it clearly that the frame A pillar is bent and the real tell tale is the red circle is where someone even took the time to pull it apart to see the bottom of the A pillar but couldnt get the one bolt back in.

You've got a much much much bigger problem than just a bent axle. My 2016 looked a lot like this, but maybe a bit worse. +/-50mph vs 15mph impact as a red light runner hit my son head on as he was turning with a green arrow. Cop was at the intersection and saw it happen. $28k in repair costs on a 10 month old JKU totaled it. Whoever sold this to you as a "clean and clear title" did so with malice.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Reactions: White Elemant
21 - 25 of 25 Posts