Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a dilemma. My overall goals are 35" tires and a 3" lift. However I have a completely stock jku sport with 3.21 gears. I was thinking about doing 33s with a TF leveling kit and then doing 4.56 gears later on so I could 35s but now I'm wondering....

What if I did my 4.56 gear swap now running my 255/75r17 to setup for 35s later. What do you guys think about that? Any drivability issues? The wife factor is allowing me a major part for it now and won't happen again till next year. So lift and 35s are like a year away if I did the gear swap now.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,851 Posts
So I have a dilemma. My overall goals are 35" tires and a 3" lift. However I have a completely stock jku sport with 3.21 gears. I was thinking about doing 33s with a TF leveling kit and then doing 4.56 gears later on so I could 35s but now I'm wondering....

What if I did my 4.56 gear swap now running my 255/75r17 to setup for 35s later. What do you guys think about that? Any drivability issues? The wife factor is allowing me a major part for it now and won't happen again till next year. So lift and 35s are like a year away if I did the gear swap now.
^^^Wait the year out and perform the MODS all at the same time!!!!!

WF Site Help & Support - Jeep Wrangler Forum

^^^The Forum has you listed as a guest, instead of a Member. So click on the above Thread and make Admin aware of the issue. This has been a ongoing problem here.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I agree with OD. If you're short on funds just wait and do it once the way you really want it. It's not worth compromising the drivability of your Jeep (assuming you drive on the highway at least occasionally) and waste your money on temporary solutions. If you didn't have 3.21 gears it might be worth considering but with those gears just enjoy your fuel economy. :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Those gears and your short tires won't be much fun driving and your mileage will suffer as well. As mentioned, save up and get that all done at once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts