Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My suspension is pretty much stock other than a 4inch rough country lift. What can I do to get some more flex out of it?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they make that anti rock system for YJ's? I looked and I only seen it for TJ's

·
Registered
342 Posts
im with them. remove your swaybar...atleast your front one...not so sure about the back one tho....but since you have leaf springs, id say go for it in the rear too

on my rubi i had, i actually removed the front swaybar for good, even tho some said not to bc of the coil suspension...a lot of people in my club said just the front with as little of lift as i had wouldnt hurt anything...and they were right. when i took it off, there was a little difference, but nothing that worried me, and like i said, that was with a coil suspension, so the leaf suspenion, you'll notice it even less

·
Registered
668 Posts
My suspension is pretty much stock other than a 4inch rough country lift. What can I do to get some more flex out of it?
The rough country lifts flex like crap. One of my buddy has that same lift in his YJ, he cut out the helper spring to try and get some flex and a softer ride, nothing happend, all he gets is more spring wrap in the rear.

In my opinion, I would save up some money and buy some different leafs.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
The rough country lifts flex like crap. One of my buddy has that same lift in his YJ, he cut out the helper spring to try and get some flex and a softer ride, nothing happend, all he gets is more spring wrap in the rear.

In my opinion, I would save up some money and buy some different leafs.
X2

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a rough country 4 inch lift on my 95 yj. it sucks big time. Flex is crappy. Ya can feel every rock in the road. half time on rough trails i am on three wheels. I removed front and rear bars. Although it did help a lot, these rough country springs are still way to STIFF. I am "budjet providing" going to try a skyjacker softride lift kit soon.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I mean cmon look at the name

4inch ROUGH country lift
What did you expect? =P

~Lev

·
Registered
164 Posts
I run a 4" Rough Country and it works fine, course i have used the heck out of it.
It was stiff at 1st till it broke in so to speak.
If you great flex out of a YJ go with a Rubicon Express system. If I had an extra 1k I'd swap out.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
It took a few years, but my Rough country springs did finally "break in" a little. I wouldn't buy another Rough Country lift again. I would save my pennies and get a RE. I've been saying the same thing as Lev for years.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was even thinking about doing the pro comp coil conversion. But for now due to lack of funds, RC lift will have to make do..

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was even thinking about doing the pro comp coil conversion. But for now due to lack of funds, RC lift will have to make do..
I have another friend who bought his YJ with the 5.5" procomp bolt on coil conversion, he doesnt like it that much, he says it doesnt flex as much as nice leafsrping seatup would.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That sucks! I though it would flex more but I never talked to anyone who had one. What do you think is a good leaf setup is?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have another friend who bought his YJ with the 5.5" procomp bolt on coil conversion, he doesnt like it that much, he says it doesnt flex as much as nice leafsrping seatup would.

Doing some more reading, I'm hearing alot about them Unloading under hard breaking, also them opening up during spring warp, ontop of that opening up during wheel hop

As far a good spring setup goes, I would go with a Rubicon Express for the best bang for your buck :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts