Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at new headlights because with mine I really can't see anything at night with my stock ones.

I saw PlasmaGlow Xenon Bulbs on a website, it says that they fit a 1999 tj I just wanted to know, are they okay to put in the stock housing?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
or Hella E-Codes. I love mine.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I must admit I don't understand all different headlight technology avalible. I did however just upgrade my headlights. I just installed the IPF Headlights and they too are marked as "E" on the lens. They take H4 bulbs. I purchased and installed the wire upgrade, the box was marked ARB and I used the H4 fatboy Xenon bulbs. I installed the wiring neatly and followed the directions. I found on anouther thread a link for directions on how to prperly aim the headlights. I marked the wall in my garage as the instructions explained and followed the aiming instuction for each light.

Conclusion; The new headlights are wonderful. Just outstanding. I dove the Jeep on a 6 hour trip leaving at 5 am in the dark. The headlights performance exceeded my expectations. Other bands or types may in fact be better, I dont know. For me the upgarde I made was money well spent. I only wish I had them for the first 178,000 miles I drove the jeep. All the parts I used are avalible from Quadratec but I purchased from a local Jeep parts place because he had the same pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts