Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 JKU with nitto terra grapplers now, but I need new tires. I don't want the nittos again but I want opinions on the best mud/ all terrain tires to get. I was thinking either bfg all terrains or mud terrains or the goodyear wrangler mud tires :) thanks!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
The three big names you see tossed around are the Goodyear Duratracs, the Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar, and the BF Goodrich KM2. They're all fantastic tires and are pretty rugged looking. The Duratrac I understand is the most tame of those three as far as A/T goes. I personally have the MTR w/ Kevlars in 35" and love them. They quiet for their size and look badass IMO. I went with them over the KM2 due to the reinforced sidewall.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Some I am looking at
fierce attitude (dunlap, goodyear)
kelly tsr
cooper stt in D load range.
duratracs

Having a hard time Keep reading reviews think I have one picked and then read more and change mind. :facepalm:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm running the Goodyear Duratracs and love them, quiet on the road, snow traction is awesome and I've had no problems with grip when offroad.

·
Registered
823 Posts
If you are looking at mud terrain tires and are intending to do a lot of offroading, I recommend the Toyo Open Country M/T. Heavy? Yes. Damn near indestructible? Yes. They clean great in mud, are siped for wet road and extra traction, have a 10ply sidewall, wear like iron, are relatively quiet for an M/T, and balance with very little weight. However, this is just my biased opinion. I can only compare these to tires I have run which include the stock SR-A's, the BFG M/T, and these; of which I prefer the Toyo's the most.

On the other hand, if you want an all terrain the Duratracs seem to be popular. They look similar to an M/T and are lighter due to a thinner sidewall. Falken Wildpeaks are also nice A/T's and very tough, but not too great in mud. And of course there is the classic BFG A/T KO.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just put Duratracs on mine, like them better than my BFT At, but a little more noisy on the highway but not bad at all for the better grip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KrawlOff-Road.com said:
Are you looking for a AT or a MT tire? It is hard to compair the two.

-Jason
I obviously want mud terrain tires but I just need to figure out if I want to be broke and have a bad ass jeep or be able to put gas in it lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts