Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! I am a new 2010 Jeep owner and I was so excited about it and going hunting, 4x4ing, top down driving etc etc. however, it has been in the shop for the last 4 weekends and most of this week due to a battery drain issue that nobody can determine the cause. (no need to talk about that since I have a thread going in the Tech forum)

that said, I just need some positive input on things. Right now my wife and I are very bummed to say the least and I am regretting things right now.

:blackeye

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, spending money on Jeeps is fun when its on things that you don't "NEED" for normal driving. Spending it on normal or abnormal stuff sucks.

Have faith, they'll find the issue...and when they do...take the doors and top off and have fun that you can only have in a JEEP.

If you think Jeeps are bad - don't get a BOAT (Better Obtain Another Thousand).

·
Registered
249 Posts
As a tech for a living I can tell you parasitic draws can be a real pain in the arse to find on customer's vehicles. Its very time consuming watching a scope pattern, pulling fuses or disconnecting control modules one at a time. Even then it could be a wiring issue. Have some faith in your service center and check in regularly on your Jeeps status. Before you know it youll be enjoying the wind in your hair, bugs plastered on the windshield, and figuring out what your next upgrade will be.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Currently 6 states have used car lemon laws; Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico and New York and 7 states have a used car buyers rights; Arizona, Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Nevada, New Mexico and Pennsylvania.

Used-Car Lemon Laws -- Edmunds.com
OP is SOL. He's in GA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel better now they found out it was the TIPM module. They sent it over to Jeep and they determined the issue. They are fixing it now and we are thrilled that they found the issue. If not, it would have been a refund through CarMax. It was determined within the 30 days so, it is covered. We are happy now!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
That is good news. Hopefully, you will get it back for the holiday weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope they really found the drain. I had one on my Suburban that they could not find for two years. Talk about pain. I finally figured it out myself.

Here is to your Jeepin' soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts