Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like box was opened and the resealed. Missing the negative cable.
Hope Quadratech fixes this ASAP.

Phone is waiting too long and chat keeps disconnecting me.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Looks like box was pended and the resealed. Missing the negative cable.
Hope Quadratech fixes this ASAP.

Damn that sucks. No need to hope though, there is a 6 pack with your name on it if they don't make it right ASAP.:drinks:

Which winch did you go with?

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Damn that sucks. No need to hope though, there is a 6 pack with your name on it if they don't make it right ASAP.:drinks:

Which winch did you go with?
Smittybilt XRC 20.

Oh, now noticed it looks used. The drum is scratched and grooved.

This blows!

Chat hung up on me too when talking with them at "quitting time."

WTF Alex!

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, found missing cable. Under styrofoam on bottom of the box, hidden.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Smittybilt XRC 20.

Oh, now noticed it looks used. The drum is scratched and grooved.

This blows!

Chat hung up on me too when talking with them at "quitting time."

WTF Alex!
My superwinch drum was scored as well. So were others. I think it's normal. Maybe for synthetic? Not sure.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My superwinch drum was scored as well. So were others. I think it's normal. Maybe for synthetic? Not sure.

Mine is synthetic line. No, this not patterned and its rough. Looks used or damaged. Not happy

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Second big purchase from Quadratech that has some issues.

Now thinking should have bought on Amazon. I would have a new one on the way already and UPS picking it up. Not me hauling to be mailed back.

·
Super Moderator
21,947 Posts
looks pretty normal to me. I can tell you after they have been used they look way worse and that is with synthetic. That will get wrapped with the line and you should never let all your line out so it is a none issue. I guess if it bothers you take some emry paper and smooth it up. my warn line has a protective coating around the first section of rope that gets wrapped around the drum which I imagine is fairly common as drums build up a lot of heat.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks pretty normal to me. I can tell you after they have been used they look way worse and that is with synthetic. That will get wrapped with the line and you should never let all your line out so it is a none issue. I guess if it bothers you take some emry paper and smooth it up. my warn line has a protective coating around the first section of rope that gets wrapped around the drum which I imagine is fairly common as drums build up a lot of heat.

Wow, thats normal? Damn

·
Super Moderator
21,947 Posts
Wow, thats normal? Damn
I am guessing they have some automated testing of the winch before it goes in the box. I would guess and only a guess every smittybilt xrx 20 one has that same exact pattern.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am guessing they have some automated testing of the winch before it goes in the box. I would guess and only a guess every smittybilt xrx 20 one has that same exact pattern.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
My drum was scratched too. I'm guessing the appearance is not that critical on a part you will seldom see. Get some dirt in there after a pull or two and it will look a lot worse as somebody else said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. Seems like this is normal I guess? Kida weird.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My drum was scratched too. I'm guessing the appearance is not that critical on a part you will seldom see. Get some dirt in there after a pull or two and it will look a lot worse as somebody else said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost hope never need it, LOL.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Yeah... Quadratec is really starting to piss me off. Ordered some stuff on line. The website said it was in stock but of course after I give up my credit card they send me an email saying part of my order is out of stock. That's twice now this has happened to me. Spent all day trying to get them on the phone so I can cancel the out of stock stuff (I'll pick it up my body lift on ebay instead). I'll try again tomorrow, but geeez... they need more phone operators man!

BTW... Every winch I've ever bought (4 of the now over the past 8 or 10 years), the cable was (neatly) pre-wound onto the spool. Why are these not coming pre-wound?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah... Quadratec is really starting to piss me off. Ordered some stuff on line. The website said it was in stock but of course after I give up my credit card they send me an email saying part of my order is out of stock. That's twice now this has happened to me. Spent all day trying to get them on the phone so I can cancel the out of stock stuff (I'll pick it up my body lift on ebay instead). I'll try again tomorrow, but geeez... they need more phone operators man!

BTW... Every winch I've ever bought (4 of the now over the past 8 or 10 years), the cable was (neatly) pre-wound onto the spool. Why are these not coming pre-wound?
My winch with the steel cable was pre wound. My synthetic, and my buddys, all had to be wound by hand. Maybe it's just the Smitty winches we have.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
So... all the parts were there and the drum has bench-testing wear? Hmmm... you sure lost your mind on them for that. My synthetic is more abrasive than my wire when new (had a VR8000, now a VR8s). Which reminds me... I have to re-spin it under load...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts