Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Extremely Humble
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

It's not what you think. ;) Does anyone know a trick to avoiding this? When I took my full doors off I scratched the paint off the nuts when I removed them and took even more off today when I put them back on. I think I can get someone to touch them back up and make them look new again. I just want to avoid this again next year when I take them back off.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah, 4 wheel drive hardware makes a poly coated wrench just for this, it's like $12. If you're real cheap, you can wrap an old piece of t-shirt inside a crescent wrench and tighten it. Then remove your nuts.

·
I got nothin'
1,900 Posts
Or you can just leave them off... That way you don't have to keep track of them in the summer!;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I used vinyl tape inside the wrench for a while. Then figured what the hell. You could always replace them with stainless steel nuts.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,757 Posts
Yup, doors won't go anywhere with no nuts on them. Unless you are trying to make someone work harder to steal them.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I lost my nuts years ago. :eek: Actually, I misplaced the ones off my doors and have never given them much thought since. Leave 'em off.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Wrench!

I like the wrench...

My only problem is I keep giving them away to friends and customers.

I'd hate for anyone to scratch their nuts pre-maturly.:D

I'll bet you I'm on my 10th or 12th wrench, last time I bought three so I would always have a spare.

I still gave one away at the YO Ranch last week.

My nuts still look brand new

·
Extremely Humble
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I knew you guys would know the answers when it came to scratched nuts. :D

I think in the spring I'll try taping up my nuts before I twist them off. :( If that doesn't work I'll try the wrench on my nuts and see how that works. :eek: Something about running around without my nuts on just makes me nervous. I think I'll keep em on...right where they belong.

Greg, are you sure you want something back from one of your customers that they've had on their nuts? :flipoff:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I replaced my nuts

I bought a set of door locks on ebay. They came with a sleeve that covers the nut and a new security nut. Never have to worry about scratched nuts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.