Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as everyone else has done I believe I am in my 500th hour of looking at wheels. Wheels are the hardest decision I believe that someone can make on their baby, I mean jeep. :whistling:

I was looking at this website for literally ten minutes...I did not pay attention to the price because I was so concentrated on looking at the specs and trying to figure out the company and all that jazz...

Well, I thought to myself before I go any further I will look at the prices. I scrolled down and it said $27 for a set. I was like what kind of website am I on!? LOL turns out it was one of those Axial websites for the little toy jeeps...fml...those bead lock wheels do look good though...hahaha

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
One of the hardest decisions are wheels/tires.
Funny thing is that is what I spent the least amount of time deciding on. All ready knew what tires I wanted to run and was just a matter of finding a wheel that fit my needs. Now if I would have been worried about looks then it might have took a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Would have been classic if you ordered them, then got a tiny box delivered.

On real wheels - I've always liked the stock look, or the simple classic styles. Not a big fan of a lot of the aftermarket over designed stuff. I ended up keeping stock and running spacers.

I really like the quadratec offerings of stock styles with improved backset.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Would have been classic if you ordered them, then got a tiny box delivered.

On real wheels - I've always liked the stock look, or the simple classic styles. Not a big fan of a lot of the aftermarket over designed stuff. I ended up keeping stock and running spacers.

I really like the quadratec offerings of stock styles with improved backset.
Strongly attracted to going steel route, myself. Powder coat with some suitable color and go. Lots of these dressy cast alloy wheels look cheesy on an ORV.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It depends on how you are going to use the Jeep. If you buy real expensive wheels its going to hurt when you run the rim around a rock. If you are parking at the mall then a real nice set is advised, gotta look good at Sears!

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I've considered steel on my others, they are cheaper. The finish gets old looking pretty fast if you wheel it and they can be heavier than some alloys.

Check out the quadratec Moab and Rubicon styles.

Jeep Wrangler Alloy Wheels.

We don't use the words "old looking" we prefer Experienced.

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
279 Posts
whatever you do. Choose a size, and then go 1 size bigger cause you'll regret not doing it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.