Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Broke the CCV to the Airbox hose. Searched local parts stores, called junk yard and I don't have the patience to scour eBay. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

moving on...

Lost the special lug tool to remove this lug nut. I have no idea what type rims these are, previous owner put them on so I'm not sure where to go...Here is a better look...

Thanks in advance!
-c-

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Is the tube hollow?, Just a bigger section of hose and clamp it down at both ends?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the tube hollow?, Just a bigger section of hose and clamp it down at both ends?
I was thinking about doing that, or placing a smaller copper shunt inside then then just epoxying it back together...but I'd rather stay with original if at all possible..but I will have to use your idea as a quick fix being that it's my daily driver.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes, you will probably want to get a new one when you are done anyway since you still won't have the key.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Any tire store like discount or firestone or expert tire can get the socket you need.
and you can use heater hose to replace or splice the broken pipe.
I recommend replacing the pipe from pcv to air intake with heater hose if it is getting brittle .

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any tire store like discount or firestone or expert tire can get the socket you need.
and you can use heater hose to replace or splice the broken pipe.
I recommend replacing the pipe from pcv to air intake with heater hose if it is getting brittle .
Sorry about the typo, thanks for the advice scott and everyone else who helped out.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
home depot has heat shrinkable tubing. i used a real stiff section which i slide over the two broken ends and used a pliable piece over it and shrunk it down. the harder inside section was an exact fit for the plastic air tube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that looks like a gorilla lock nut to me. looks like the ones on my jeep. pretty common, any tire store should have it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Problem with Gorilla lugs is that there are several different ones. You need to have the key number to order a replacement key. Best thing to do is just impact it off as suggested and throw it away.
The part number for the 2.5L CCV to Airbox hose is:53006236 and runs about $30.00

·
Registered
105 Posts
Go to an auto parts store and get a nut splitter. I know it sounds corny but that is what it is. It destroys the lug nut by cutting it into.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah until you can find a replacement hose just slide the 2 halves into a section of heater hose and clamp it off it will hold and work just fine for the time being.

The lugs on the other hand. You should be able to go to any tire shop or specialty rim shop and they can take a look at it and find out what key you need. That said keys sometimes can be expensive and you might come out better splitting the lugs. I'd check and see about the key first though b4 ruining the lugs. Better to have them than not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts