Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday on my FB feed I saw the attached photo of the red Jeep from a local 4x4 shop.

I noticed the new bumpers, on this brand new JKUHR/JKURR. So I sent the shop a message on FB and asked if the factory bumpers were for sale.

They sent me a message back and said yes both bumpers with all hardware are $700. I offered $500 and then we were able to settle on $600.

I get to the place and they said the guy bought the Jeep and immediately drove it to the shop to get all of that work done. The bumpers are brand spanking new!!

So I scored everything for 600 bucks, this is a good deal right??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It seems like an OK deal, but I guess it depends what you want the bumpers for. If you want a bumper that will take off-road abuse, then the rear bumper isn't even worth putting on IMO. It flexes like crazy. I really like the look of the rear bumper, but I'm currently pulling mine off before it ends up damaging the body due to flex.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
awesome deal!
I paid $600 (I think) for front with skid plate and then paid $400 for rear with HR rock rails.

Reactions: Lloydrage

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys! I thought I did pretty good but figured I better check. I wasnt ready to buy them but figured why not. Didnt think I would get a better deal down the road.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pull the ends off the the front bumper. Looks much better.
I dont have a lift or anything. Does it look better no matter what or should I wait on that for when I get my lift??

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I dont have a lift or anything. Does it look better no matter what or should I wait on that for when I get my lift??
Pulling the ends off makes it into a stubby front bumper. In regards to looking better one way or the other that's just a matter of opinion. My opinion is different and think they look better with end caps on.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Think of all the mods you can do with all the money you saved.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sold my set for $750 so you saved some money.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think of all the mods you can do with all the money you saved.
:funnypost:

that cracked me up. Its a good point, just gonna put anything I saved towards the Jeep anyways :D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good deal. Also some of the best looking bumpers on these things IMO.
You know, i agree. There are lots of peeps just trashing them for not being something on the A-team van, that you could launch a rocket off of. :tomatoes:

But i like the look. I don't need the baddest assed set myself...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You know, i agree. There are lots of peeps just trashing them for not being something on the A-team van, that you could launch a rocket off of. :tomatoes:

But i like the look. I don't need the baddest assed set myself...
I looked for a while for a hypergreen hard rock because I wanted those bumpers...ended up without them in favor of a manual trans. My PSC stuff is probably more durable though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts