Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a used 2012 jku for $31k and now I think I ripped my self off. I went looking at the 2013 to day and it seems like I could have got a brand new 2013 with the same features for a little bit more. Tell me what you guys think. What I got is a certified per owned 2012 with 15k miles for 31k. From factory it had rubicon wheels/tires, hard top, and power everything. Auto transmission. Did I rip myself off or would all those upgrades have jumped up a 2013 price.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Sport S? Yup, you paid too much.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Stop thinking about it right now. The sooner you get over it, the sooner you can enjoy it even more . . . I made a similar mistake except it WAS A HOUSE

·
Super Moderator
23,666 Posts
if it came from the factory with Rubicon wheels it might be a rubicon if so that is not bad at all.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Lol I think he would know if it was a Rubicon dude

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it's not a rubicon. I wish but for $31k it wasn't. How do you talk to them about taking it back for a 2013? I got it 4 weeks ago

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
last week I bought a stripped 2013 jku auto hardtop sirius, 26.5k new.
rubicon wheels are only worth about $650 if they have 15K on them.

yours sounds pricey, but they are all used shortly after you buy them.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Typically, once the bumper crosses the curb, it's yours. I'm sure they'll be willing to take it in trade, but they'll pay you less...or they'll make up the difference elsewhere in your deal.

My advice - don't look back. Drive it and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Can we see pics? You never said what model it is, just that it had Rubicon wheels. Sure they are not Sport S wheels? They are the same, just a shade lighter.

·
Registered
467 Posts
scuba_steve said:
Typically, once the bumper crosses the curb, it's yours.
Really it's before that. Once you sign and become owner, depreciation already starts kicking in

·
Registered
632 Posts
I agree with the above, just try to forget about it and enjoy your new ride!

But yeah, the used market on Wranglers is insane. Every lightly used one I looked at was priced near what a new one would run. Thats why I bought new off the lot.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I paid less than that for my brand new 2012 Rubicon that I custom ordered...I do agree with everyone else though you got a sweet new ride forget about the price and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
tlminh said:
Really it's before that. Once you sign and become owner, depreciation already starts kicking in
No, it's when you drive it off of the lot. Technically, it is still theirs until you do so.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I thought you had 30 days... I could have sworn that my Texas dealership said I had 30 days to return my Jeep and cancel the contract.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
PhotoWrangler said:
I thought you had 30 days... I could have sworn that my Texas dealership said I had 30 days to return my Jeep and cancel the contract.
Maybe it different in Texas. But there is a three day slot in Louisiana, thirty day slot for a private sale.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts