Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

I Think I'm Ready to do the LIFT!!!

1K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Ageless Stranger 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have finally decided that I want to do a lift on my TJ. So my current setup includes:

No current lift

1.5 inch wheel spacers

31 X 10.5 on the stock rims.

I want to do a lift that will allow me to keep what I have now but eventually be able to upgrade the wheels and tires to a 33 inch tire in the future.

So my question is, what size lift should I go with? If any of you can suggest a specific lift, I will take your advice and most likely order it. Best advice wins and I will definately put it up on the website.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone,

Sgt Vin

See less See more
#7 ·
I think this all sounds pretty great! I do not do too much off-roading here. I am just looking to do something that will raise what I currently have up a little higher but also give me the oppertunity to eventually put 33's on there.

So with a slight lift, will I still be okay to run my 31's? I don't want to screw anything up here. Hear where I am coming from?

#18 ·
Yeah I would go with the 33 X 12.5's so I would I have to get new rims....which is no problem.

Ageless Stranger, I think I like your setup and I think I would go with what you have there. Do you think I could still run my 31 X 10.5s with the 1.5 inch wheel spacer on that setup?

The reason why I am doing the lift first and then the tires / wheels is because of the amount of money it takes do undertake all of this.

#19 ·
Yes you can run 31s until you can buy your 33s. If I was going to do that I would install only the suspension lift and shelve the body lift and motor mount lift until you can buy the 33s. You'll get all the flex you're going to gain up front, and the body lift will give you the extra clearance you need to go to 33s when you can.

I have a question for you. Why are you running wheel spacers with 31x10.50s?

Regarding your last sentence: Tell me about it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.