Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i had some shorts blow out of my jeep last week on i94 in indiana. Anyone ever had that happen? I thought they were heavy enough. Wouldnt they just blow forwards?

Theres not much other explanation.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao if you see a naked guy driving doorless....

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh i drive tankers and my company has bought several car windshields for people when hose caps fell off our trucks...

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm picturing now a pair of briefs smacking somebody's windshield :D
...Or sticking to the windshield and leaving a skidmark...:hide:

John

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've lost a ball cap that was hanging on the shifter and I've lost many receipts that were left in the cup holder. I make sure whatever is in the Jeep when the top is down or doors are off is safe and secure.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Blow...forwards? :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blow...forwards? :facepalm:
Apparently youve never had the top down with a girl in the jeep. Air going over the top of the windshield is going the direction youd expect, but the windshield causes a low pressure area and makes the air come FORWARDS inside the jeep. If you have long hair your hair will blow FORWARDS.

But if you have the doors off, like i do pretty much all the time, random gusts of wind come in the door holes and do whatever they want.

I still cant confirm if this really happened or not. Theres an estimated 4 pairs of shorts missing. I did find the fifth pair in my closet at home.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Lost a baseball cap, wind blew it right off my head and onto the highway.

·
Premium Member
7,470 Posts
Lost a baseball cap, wind blew it right off my head and onto the highway.
I've lost the same baseball cap 3 times on the road. It was in my topless car, not the Jeep. Usually the traffic was so bad at the time it would have been very dangerous to go back and try to retrieve it.

Each time it flew off my head I figured that was the end of my favorite cap, either because I couldn't find it or I figured cars and trucks would probably run over it and destroy it. When I've gone back through the same area later that day I was surprised to see it sitting on the side of the road with no damage to it.

One time on the Interstate it was gone for 3 days and I just happened to glance over near the area where it took flight. It had somehow survived intact through rain and 18-wheelers, sitting on the shoulder of the highway and waiting for me to come back and get it.

Whenever I wear it anymore I turn the bill backwards if I'm driving over 40 mph with the top off. :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Thought this might help anyone who's had a problem with their hat blowing away...

Amazon.com: Chums Hat Clip: Sports & Outdoors

I think we originally bought ours at Bass Pro, and they may have been a little cheaper. I think I've seen them at Wally World, too.

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts