Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to run 33 but i dont know what kit to get 2in or a 4in i have a 1.25 body and 5/8 shackles is 5.5 to much for 33's or should i get the 2 have 3.5 and trim the flairs:confused:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just run a 4inch lift with what you have. I have a 4in Rough Country lift with 2in shackles (total of 6in) and I'm running 33x13.50 Nitto mud grapples. I think it looks great. If I didn't have the 2in shackles, my tires would look like there stuffed under the jeep.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
babass post a pic of your jeep

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Get the 2 and trim. It'll be cheaper and you'll be more low COG. 5.5 is a lot for 33's, unless you're doing it for "looks". Also, you're less likely to need a SYE with the 2. You -could- get vibes from all that lift with no SYE / CV shaft, again, more $. But that "could" happen, some guys get vibes with 4"+ and some don't.

Unless you plan on eventually removing the Body-Lift and Shackle-Lift, I vote for the 2" Springs. It also depends on if you ever want to get 35's, then get the 4 for the future. Again, consider -all- your options and scenarios before you shell out all that money.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have a RE 2.5" waiting to go on, 1" shackles waiting to go on, and a 1" BL on the way, just ordered 33's today and I anticipate no problems when it all goes together. Seems like youre looking somewhat similar, I will likely trim fenders and go with some tj flares just for good measure also. That all being said, I'd look for some 2 or 2.5 inch springs.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
33s call foor a 4" lift unless your shackles will get you the clearance without rubbing. It will also give the option to go bigger especially if you get an 8.8 that can handle the bigger tires. You choice!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
33s call foor a 4" lift unless your shackles will get you the clearance without rubbing. It will also give the option to go bigger especially if you get an 8.8 that can handle the bigger tires. You choice!
It calls for that b/c they assume that you only have/are getting the 4" spring lift, with no Shackle-Lift or Body Lift already installed. He has both shackle and BL already, netting aprox 2" of lift with stock springs, 2" more would be 4" total, which is about the minimum for 33's (x10.50's, 12.50s might rub). You're right though 4" Springs is a better choice if he wants to go bigger, (which we all secretly want to lol). Everyone should trim-up regardless of the lift they have, more room is more room, that's just my opinion though lol.

·
Registered
499 Posts
personal experience that even with a 4" kit you can rub with 33's if you flex it enough....i have pics somewhere of my bent rear passenger side fender well to prove it, personally i'd go with the 4" kit even with all you have...the rc 2.0 4" kit isn't a bad ride either in my opinion, and it'll clear 35's for daily driving and mild offroad(no rock climbing but you can go a little off the beaten path)

·
Registered
704 Posts
The simpler you keep it the better. If you already have 5/8" shackles and 1" BL, 2.5" of suspension will be plenty for 33's. I have a net lift of about 3.5" with 33's and haven't had any clearance issues at all. Just sayin"........

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If I were to do 4" or more on just suspension I'd only think of the Tcase drop as a temporary fix to a vibe problem.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all ready have a motor mount lift cv drive shaft and sye so i dont have thoes issues with extra cost but yeah i see your point i started with 31x10.5 now 32x11.5 now i want 33 it might just continue on and on and on......it is that i went to tier max the other day all they sell is off road tiers and the mick tomson's mtz look so bad ass! i was goin to do a zone 2 sinse they use bds springs but maybe ill just spend more and do a 2.5 or 3in

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
the RE 2.5 lift I have sitting in the garage is realy nice, the parts are all high quality and the kit came with everything needed (except the shock relocation brackets). Also, all the reviews I've read on it it say it gains more like 3.5". I dont have it on yet...but I havent really read anything bad about it and I would recomend it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 94yj with a 3in body lift and I run 33x12.50x15's with no problem. I have a slight rub on the stock fender flares, but I ordered some bushwacker flat flares to fix the problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
2.5 and trim or 4" and good to go. With the 4" you could even take the body lift or shackle lift or both off and still be good for clearance. All your call... Enjoy!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The RC 4" lift comes with a transfer case drop.
I run this 4" lift with 33's as well as a 1.25" shackle lift and it not only looks great but functions well with minimal rubbing. (No sway bar, no trackbars).

If you go with a 2.5" lift, you will want a 4" in no time at all.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
keep this thread going i still havent made up my mind

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have 4 in. Springz wearin 33 12.5 with no prob. Not sure if i have tcase drop or bigger shackles, How would i check that? No sye eliminator

1 - 20 of 35 Posts