Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing my first newer jeep I've been a YJ guy for years but buying a 2014 4 door from my buddy.
I want to run 35s but thats not the big question. We are purchasing the jeep to take the kids to the beach and some light camping. I am also a waterfowl guide in the winter and will be towing trailers with the jeep.
I'm looking for a lift that will be able to handle extra weight. Obviously with kids my wife will be packing all kinds of crap for the beach and we will be running a rear inner rack along with a hitch rack.
I want it to handle at high speeds and handle the weight.
I BELIEVE BUY ONCE CRY ONCE, but I don't need flex so I'm not sure what lift to look at. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
22,104 Posts
AEV should be on the list.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
My Rock Krawler lift performs great at highway speeds.

If you're not looking for flex, you can limit yourself to a lift with springs and track bars.

And perhaps some adjustable shocks, like Rancho or Falcon 3.3.

Look into Rock Krawler, Teraflex, AEV, Metalcloak.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
RK Overland, if they are still doing that. Same as the regular 2.5 (which I have), with stiffer rear springs.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
I would recommend MetalCloak 2.5 inch GameChanger with RockSport shocks. I know you said you really don't need the flex that this lift would provide but this lift is so much more. This is due primarily because of the control arms and the DuraFlex joints. I am ex-autocrosser and I find the handling with this system to be outstanding, so much better than stock.

As far as weight handling capability MC spring are design to provide 2.5 inches of lift on a fully outfit rig, bumpers, winch, skids, etc. My rig is a heavy one, coming in at around 6000 lbs when the wife and I are headed out. Here are a couple of pictures, the first is empty and the second is full. In fact I have never had the Jeep that full. This was during a recent move and I have all of my tools plus all of my wife's cloths. I would guess that the Jeep was over 6000 lbs and I know my trailer was much more than 2000 lbs.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts